Rams truly have a must-win game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Bernie Miklasz
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... f7b97.html

50c2e8c36e805.preview-620.jpg

YHQg0.png

Let’s cut to the chase: The Rams have to find a way to win Sunday’s game at Buffalo. The pressure is on. This is an important test for several reasons:

1. With a victory the Rams (5-6-1) would reach .500 with three games left in the season. Did you expect the Rams to be a .500 team this late in the year? I didn’t. Coach Jeff Fisher, his staff and the players deserve respect for getting themselves into position to have a better season than anticipated. A late-season slide would be disappointing.

2. The Rams are a long shot to capture an NFC wild card spot. Realistically, the Rams don’t have much of a chance to pull it off, but if they want to keep the dream alive, they can’t afford to lose a winnable game. And make no mistake: This is a winnable game. Buffalo (5-7) is beatable.

3. The Rams must show they’re capable of success in games played outside the NFC West. Their 4-0-1 record in the division is a real sign of progress, and something to build on. But Sunday the Rams will go against another AFC East team after already having lost to Miami (by three points), New England (by 38), and the New York Jets (by 14). There’s no justifiable reason for the Rams to finish 0-4 vs. the AFC East.

4. The Rams have to go back on the road and win for the second consecutive time. The Rams got it done two weeks ago at Arizona for their first road victory of the season. But anyone can win a single road game; 15 of 32 NFL teams have won at least three on the road this season. We’ll know that the Rams are really growing up when they can find success away from the Edward Jones Dome.

5. The Rams have to establish consistency. After knocking off Arizona and San Francisco, the Rams have a splendid chance to win three consecutive games for the first time since the final three weeks of the 2006 season. The 2007 Rams beat New Orleans and San Francisco, then lost five of their final six. The 2008 Rams won their first two games (Washington and Dallas) under interim head coach Jim Haslett, only to collapse and lose their last 10. The 2010 Rams failed at their two chances for a three-game winning streak — losing by 38 points at Detroit, and by 18 at New Orleans.

This season the Rams got the town buzzing by defeating Seattle and Arizona to improve to 3-2. But the positive feelings were wiped out by an 0-4-1 winless streak, with the Rams getting outscored 143-78. Compared to a year ago, the Rams have better players, better coaches and a better record.

Winning a third consecutive game would be the next step in the Rams’ progression. A step back would be another blow to their credibility.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't buy that a loss to Buffallo would be; "A blow to anyones their credibility." This team has played harder than any Ram team I've seen in years.

Of course, it's all about wins and building momentum for the future. But, everyone knows winning cures all.

So, get out there and win Rams!

Go Rams!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A good friend of mine is a Whiners fan and he DOES NOT WANT to see the Rams in the playoffs. How long has it been since other teams would rather not play the Rams because they just might beat you. We own the Whiners this year. Would love to see them again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Afro Ram said:
I don't buy that a loss to Buffallo would be; "A blow to anyones their credibility." This team has played harder than any Ram team I've seen in years.

Of course, it's all about wins and building momentum for the future. But, everyone knows winning cures all.

So, get out there and win Rams!

Go Rams!

Pretty much where my heads at.

Cheers, bro!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, the Bills are no slouches. And we seem to have a little bit of trouble on the road this year (every year). Plus you got that sloppy wet weather and the hard football. This is no easy game by any stretch of the imagination.

That said, we better smoke these fools.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
As long as we contain Spiller, we will find a way at the end to be in a position to win the game. Just play smashmouth football and show them that these aren't the same ol' sorry ass RAMS!!! :twisted: