Rams training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I know it is a bit early, but this year I didnt want to miss out on a free place to stay. (thanx to moms timeshare) I figure if I go down in early August, like last year, I cant go wrong. Aug 5-11.

So it looks like I will get to see first hand the differences from the last coaching staff. Hopefully I learned a little something this past season and will have a better idea of what to watch for this year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm already anticipating the reports & photos. Has ROD put together a crew of members able to consistently attend & report camp progress ?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I went to several practices at Irvine last year and made reports here at ROD. I was very surprised and humbled at how well received those reports were by ROD members. I am planning on taking the RV to Cal State Lutheran for two weeks and attending as many practices as I can and give daily camp reports. I have no experience in writing or coaching, so whatever I report is only my opinion of what I find interesting or noteworthy. When the Rams were in St. Louis, I had to depend on folks attending TC to get any news on the team so I hope to return the favor.

I am really looking forward to the Rams future with the new coaching staff and new addiitions to the roster. Lots of changes so TC is going to full of surprises and I'm gratefull to be in a position to be there and give the folks at ROD at least one old Rams fan's take on the team.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
IF it's at UCI like last year, you bet your sweet bippy I'll be there with camera in hand!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I went to several practices at Irvine last year and made reports here at ROD. I was very surprised and humbled at how well received those reports were by ROD members. I am planning on taking the RV to Cal State Lutheran for two weeks and attending as many practices as I can and give daily camp reports. I have no experience in writing or coaching, so whatever I report is only my opinion of what I find interesting or noteworthy. When the Rams were in St. Louis, I had to depend on folks attending TC to get any news on the team so I hope to return the favor.

I am really looking forward to the Rams future with the new coaching staff and new addiitions to the roster. Lots of changes so TC is going to full of surprises and I'm gratefull to be in a position to be there and give the folks at ROD at least one old Rams fan's take on the team.

WELL SAID! Same here!

I remember my first camp report from the second day of camp, on a Sunday. I could not believe the responses on here! Everyone was starving for information and I think I had the first camp report of the season. After others like you starting posting your reports, I backed off as it seemed I would only be echoing all the other posters. And like you, I am by far the least qualified to judge player activities on a practice field. I just report what I see and give it my spin. Like Higbee. I felt he was going to be monster in our game plans last season. As we all know that wasn't the case but I don't think it was from a lack of trying. I'm expecting big things from him this season. Same with Cooper. Thomas I was not so high on yet others saw him on game days and felt he had a lot to offer. See what I know? Same with G. Rob, showed real well in camp and the start of the season then.....

So for all of you eagerly awaiting our camp reports, be patient, please don't be critical of our efforts and enjoy the moments we can share with you!

GO RAMS!

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think all the TC practices are going to be at Cal Stat Lutheran.

I'm not sure where that comes from. UC Irvine has an agreement with the Rams for 3 years to hold training camp in Irvine.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

WELL SAID! Same here!

I remember my first camp report from the second day of camp, on a Sunday. I could not believe the responses on here! Everyone was starving for information and I think I had the first camp report of the season. After others like you starting posting your reports, I backed off as it seemed I would only be echoing all the other posters. And like you, I am by far the least qualified to judge player activities on a practice field. I just report what I see and give it my spin. Like Higbee. I felt he was going to be monster in our game plans last season. As we all know that wasn't the case but I don't think it was from a lack of trying. I'm expecting big things from him this season. Same with Cooper. Thomas I was not so high on yet others saw him on game days and felt he had a lot to offer. See what I know? Same with G. Rob, showed real well in camp and the start of the season then.....

So for all of you eagerly awaiting our camp reports, be patient, please don't be critical of our efforts and enjoy the moments we can share with you!

GO RAMS!

You don't need to have a coaches eye to give camp reports. A few of the more famed camp reporters in the past claimed to have a coaches eye and one of them ended up being wrong most of the time. In fact I prefer camp reports that are less littered with 'expert' conjecture and analysis. People start to believe that those reporting know more than they do and their opinions take on a factual tone.

Just report what you see without trying to read the coaches minds and you will be loved by all, for the generous contributions.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Looking forward to the camp reports boys! Would rather read them from true fans than the hack writers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
You know what I think we should do, for the people who are fortunate to live in the area and go:

We should all meet up and make it a ROD Rams day. We go to UCI, hangout and watch the players. Afterwards, we hang out a sports bar or restaurant and talk about who we liked, compare notes, talk Rams, over a couple beers and good food!

Could be a really fun day!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You know what I think we should do, for the people who are fortunate to live in the area and go:

We should all meet up and make it a ROD Rams day. We go to UCI, hangout and watch the players. Afterwards, we hang out a sports bar or restaurant and talk about who we liked, compare notes, talk Rams, over a couple beers and good food!

Could be a really fun day!

If there is interest shown in that, create an event in the event forums. It helps with organization and counting who will attend.

http://ramsondemand.com/forums/events/