2016-Rams trade up to #1 (old thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
The Rams prefer Goff? That's amazing. I like Wentz a lot but I prefer Goff. I think Goff will be a great QB. IMO, he has Peyton Manning like potential and I don't take a statement like that lightly. Peyton Manning is the best QB I've ever seen play.
:football::grouphug::santa::yess:
Goff and make the Browns give us something to ge3t Wentz, who they like
train

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on guys. Enuff with the grammar corrections. :rolleyes:

200.gif

200.gif

i think with alot of people using their phones now the auto correct would be responsible for alot of the mistakes.

still, reading loose all the time is like having a fly buzzing around your head. it gnaws at you.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
[QUOTE="Dog, post: 734631, member: 583"[/QUOTE]

c'mon man, it was a joke.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Word was what sealed this trade was Fisher and Snead having a VERY private workout with Carson Wentz in North Dakota.

No equivalent workout for Goff is believed to have happened.
Not true at all
NFL network showed footage of a private workout Rams had at Cal with Goff

Apparently they kept a lid on all the QB workouts

Brilliant

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Starting next year they are

To expand on this, the league announced a few weeks ago that they could be traded in conditional trades before they are even awarded. I think this is the first trade where that has happened. Les Snead - Trailblazer.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I love this move! Only giving up an additional 1st round pick next year is fine with me. They pulled off jumping from 15 to 1 and gave up less than the RG3 trade that was a 4 spot jump. Snead has shown a great ability to work up and down the Draft depending on the situation. I'm honestly fine with either Wentz or Goff. This morning I was sure it was Wentz, now I could see Goff just as easily. Also, it looks like the Niners are screwed unless they love Lynch haha.

Anyone else want to use the extra 4th on Aguayo? If we could upgrade QB and kicker alone I would call this a mega success.

Ramatik

Starter
I'm guessing you misread my first paragraph and if you didn't then I have no idea what your point is in your first paragraph lol.

Stinks is open to interpretation I guess. I think there a good team, not great. But the roster is in good shape and I only see them getting better. I disagree the Rams would of won that division, I mean Washington beat us pretty good last year....so they won and are winners, Rams lost so they must be stupid. As you said you only enforce the rules.

So, let me get this straight...

You think the Redskins are a good team? They beat the Rams so the Rams stink.

That is amazing logic.

The Redskins have been to the playoffs twice since that trade and ended up cutting the guy. They got nothing. But if you think that makes them a winner the oooookaaaay.

The Rams beat Wash when RG3 was still the second coming and made him cry like a bitch.

I think the Rams have a lot more talent. And you must admit... even if you are being a bit obtuse, that head to head, any team can beat any team and it is not necessarily indicative of how good that team is overall. So you think that the RG3 trade didn't hurt the Redskins? Why are so many Redskins fans unhappy? Do you really think Cousins is a franchise QB?

You can disagree if you like. The Rams would have won that division. It was very weak.

And the Rams are not stupid.

Why would you say something like that?

You know that I was talking about personnel decisions by guys who either get lucky and make the right choice so they can be geniuses or they make the wrong choice and they are stupid and out of a job. (just a little sprinkle of sarcasm there, but I thought that was an accepted fact in the NFL?)

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I think this is a horrible trade and here's why.
The Rams have not been able to properly evaluate any QB that has been on their team except Shaun Hill who did exactly what they knew he could do. Keenum, first they claim him off waivers, then cut him, they trade for him, bringing Austin Davis in last year when he showed his true colors the year before and melted down once other teams figured him out, Mannion WTF? wasted a third round pick can he play or not? obviously not.
To know think the Rams have a handle on evaluating QB's I'll have to see it to believe it.
They have so many other needs starting with the OL. I do not see how any QB is going to thrive with this OL.
What happened to the ground and pound Fisher philosophy? Are the Rams a run team or not? If yes they why sell the farm to get a QB.
Lastly, they gave up way too much.

If the Rams do not make the playoffs and then turn-out-the-lights its over.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Even if there was a farm, we didn't sell it. Brockers, Ogletree, Austin, TJ, Gaines, GRob, Havenstein, Gurley, Donald, Quinn are all still here. Along with our no. 1 overall pic, those guys are our future.
GRob has done nothing yet and are we sure Quinn is even going to play this year?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Mannion WTF? wasted a third round pick can he play or not? obviously not.

Nothing obvious yet. He may be a gem in the rough. Lots of good QB's take a few years. Ever hear of Warner?

Are the Rams a run team or not? If yes they why sell the farm to get a QB.

I think it will be Wentz because of his mobility and running. When you go from 2 run threats to 3 on EVERY play, that's a LOT for the defense to deal with. You remember how many times we had the Hawks pinned down just to have Wilson escape and grab a 1st down?

WestCoastRam

Legend
It's surprising how much better I feel about the trade knowing that the 3rd in 2017 is the comp pick.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's funny.

Before, when i thought the Rams would never trade up to 1 i looked at what was needed and thought what team would be crazy enough to do that.

Now that the Rams have done it I'm like - they're only draft picks, doesn't matter.

Funny how the brain works.