Rams trade 7th for Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I don't have a problem with Keenum, per se. But I do have an issue with giving up any asset for a player who was on the roster the majority of the previous season, even if it's for a 7th.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So when Keenum stands on Austin Davis' shoulders they are the same height as Nick Foles.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Meh, if they liked him that much why didn't they hang onto him last year. I guess its good foles needs some compitition but I was hoping for someone a little better than Keenum

He needed to learn the playbook last year and Schottenheimers playbook had 400 plays in it. He was an emergency QB but they couldn't really make use of him. He is a good backup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Some of the pieces are starting to come together here. Case Keenum came from an explosive spread offense at Baylor, Austin Davis was HIGHLY productive in the high-speed spread attack at Baylor, and they just plucked Foles off of that fast-paced spread attack in Philly.

Who is Cignetti though, and how does he fit in? He’s coached primarily pro-style offenses using both the WCO and the digit systems. The thing I’m reading that he likes to do, however, is give a bunch of different looks to make the defense try to guess what’s coming instead of saying, “here’s what we’re doing, try to stop it.”

I’m very interested to see how this offense is going to take shape. There isn’t a single QB on this roster who even resembles the prototypical pocket passer anymore. Does the key to beating teams like SF and SEA entail beating them at their own game?

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
Didn't Fish say at the end of last year that a new offensive philosophy was coming?

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Let's give these guys a chance to play first before saying that the Rams have lost out on these trades. Even if Keenum doesn't play at all this year, trading a 7th for a guy with starting experience is almost certainly better than anything you'll get in the 7th of a draft. I like what I see so far, as long as they get help on the Oline and at least bring Britt back.

swmizzou83

Starter
Some of the pieces are starting to come together here. Case Keenum came from an explosive spread offense at Baylor, Austin Davis was HIGHLY productive in the high-speed spread attack at Baylor, and they just plucked Foles off of that fast-paced spread attack in Philly.

Who is Cignetti though, and how does he fit in? He’s coached primarily pro-style offenses using both the WCO and the digit systems. The thing I’m reading that he likes to do, however, is give a bunch of different looks to make the defense try to guess what’s coming instead of saying, “here’s what we’re doing, try to stop it.”

I’m very interested to see how this offense is going to take shape. There isn’t a single QB on this roster who even resembles the prototypical pocket passer anymore. Does the key to beating teams like SF and SEA entail beating them at their own game?

Umm...Case Keenum played at Houston and Austin Davis played at Southern Miss but you are correct in they both were very productive in a spread offense in college

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Umm...Case Keenum played at Houston and Austin Davis played at Southern Miss but you are correct in they both were very productive in a spread offense in college
Oops. I put Baylor in there twice. My bad.

Thanks for pointing it out. He was recruited by Baylor, but signed with Houston. You're right.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What makes you think before seeing anyone in OTAs that we're NOT in win now mode?

No one wins the SB in March.

Slappy967

Starter
I like this move as well as the Foles trade. Keenum is a talented QB and will give Austin Davis a run for the backup QB gig. Now that we are set at QB we go OT in the 1st right?