Rams Top Chef with Johnny Hekker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I make those about once a month. I use a ground turkey breast for the stuffing part, but very similar. Those Poblanos aren't really hot btw... they have just a hint of heat. I add a bunch of fresh chopped up habanero peppers into the stuffing so they gain a real nice level of heat.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I make those about once a month. I use a ground turkey breast for the stuffing part, but very similar. Those Poblanos aren't really hot btw... they have just a hint of heat. I add a bunch of fresh chopped up habanero peppers into the stuffing so they gain a real nice level of heat.
I have never Tried them. But after this ^ Video, and your comments Selassie, I going to try cooking some! "I Like Heat!!"(y):D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I do a variation with pulled pork. The Poblano is - as @Selassie I said - pretty mild. But I find green bell peppers to be downright disgusting so I never use them for anything but maybe fresh veggie platters. Anyway, the poblano has a touch more heat than a bell but the flavor is far better and has a little smoky hint to it. I generally add some of our Savory Napalm sauce to it to up the heat level and use a 3 cheese Mexican blend for the cheese. They are like an enchilada on steroids.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You guys are killin me!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW - you can skin a poblano by simply torching it on the outside until the skin bubbles and then put it in a paper sack for a few minutes. I find this quicker and easier than putting them under the broiler.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've enjoyed stuffed poblano peppers when I've had them.