Rams to wear Deacon Jones decal on helmets in 2013

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Good move by the Rams to honor Deacon Jones!

Attachments

• JonesDecal.jpg
    JonesDecal.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 197

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Man, I'd love to get my hands on a few of those.

So great seeing the RESPECT going his way.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I love that, and would love to have one. I have an autographed jersey from him.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
A55VA6 said:
Good move by the Rams to honor Deacon Jones!

Glad to see they were smart enough to honor one of the greatest Rams of all time

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, we need a stack of those decals!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think someone on the Herd posted that the team should wear a shoulder patch or helmet patch to honor Deacon.

I wonder if Kevin Demoff saw that. I think he did. Not much gets past that guy and I respect that.

Most fans in STL won't connect to Deacon, he is an LA Ram not an STL Ram but there will be some fans in STL that will recognize how great he was and what an important part of the NFL he will always be.

You cannot have an in depth conversation about football during Deacons era and not have him as a topic. To me that is how you rate a players greatness. Can you have a conversation about the years he played without mentioning how that player was dominant and how he mattered.

You cannot have a conversation about the years Deacon played and not include him as possibly the best player. Defense or offense doesn't matter, just best player. He's in that conversation.

It is wonderful that he is getting the respect he has earned. It's sad that previous ownership decided to slight him.

I'm gonna email Demoff and ask for one of those decals. I am not a collector. I have only two pieces of Rams stuff. One is a signed pic of Roman Gabriel dropping back to pass against the 49ers from waaaaaay back and the other is a helmet signed by Warner after the 99 season and the SB win.

I want one of those decals because Deacon makes my list and all of my lists are very, very, very short.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
LesBaker said:
I think someone on the Herd posted that the team should wear a shoulder patch or helmet patch to honor Deacon.

I wonder if Kevin Demoff saw that. I think he did. Not much gets past that guy and I respect that.

Most fans in STL won't connect to Deacon, he is an LA Ram not an STL Ram but there will be some fans in STL that will recognize how great he was and what an important part of the NFL he will always be.

You cannot have an in depth conversation about football during Deacons era and not have him as a topic. To me that is how you rate a players greatness. Can you have a conversation about the years he played without mentioning how that player was dominant and how he mattered.

You cannot have a conversation about the years Deacon played and not include him as possibly the best player. Defense or offense doesn't matter, just best player. He's in that conversation.

It is wonderful that he is getting the respect he has earned. It's sad that previous ownership decided to slight him.

I'm gonna email Demoff and ask for one of those decals. I am not a collector. I have only two pieces of Rams stuff. One is a signed pic of Roman Gabriel dropping back to pass against the 49ers from waaaaaay back and the other is a helmet signed by Warner after the 99 season and the SB win.

I want one of those decals because Deacon makes my list and all of my lists are very, very, very short.
X has a connection, maybe Demoff would allow us to purchase them and the profit would go to a worthy NFL charity???

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Have to admit I don't know much Rams history outside of the move to STL besides the big names. This man however, could've played for any team in the league and would still be one of my favorites of all time. The true definition of a football player, and one bad fucking man. Much respect. Glad the Rams are doing this.

jap

Legend
In honor of the Deacon, I strongly feel The Mighty Quinn should emulate him for the rest of his playing career---minus the head slaps, of course. :lol: