Rams to stress run vs Carolina

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
jrry32 said:
RamzFanz said:
Please let them use DR more on the edge so they are balanced.

Please let them leave DR on the bench imo.

DR is a skilled player. He will never be a ZS. He could be BETTER than ZS in YPC if they use him right. Don't let their play calling spoil you on him. When he was the screen and edge guy behind SJ39, he had more YPC and longer runs than SJ39.

My biggest fear right now is that DR and TA become after thoughts because they have no idea how to use them. They are both very skilled in what they do well. Adding DR and TA to the backfield in a way that takes advantage of their skill sets along with ZS, this team goes from no backfield to amazing.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Why not use a 2 back set Play action to Stacy and have DRich and TA run screens to either side.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Rabid Ram said:
Why not use a 2 back set Play action to Stacy and have DRich and TA run screens to either side.

Exactly, that's one way to stay unpredictable and get TA involved more.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If in a game like this, they ran a 3 play series with DR screen pass right, TA screen pass left, and ZS up the middle, I would expect 30 yards total.

If they run DR up the middle over and over... please. It's just stupid. Very stupid. Beyond stupid.

Cunningham up the middle made far more sense when he was healthy but they chose DR over and over.

I'm very excited about the potential this week. Let's see if they use it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rabid Ram said:

I'd like to see them do what they did in Week 1 against Arizona with the play-action fake and roll Austin from the right slot behind the LOS and dump it off to him in the left flats.

Minnesota did it all the time with Harvin. It's difficult to defend especially if you have a running game that can get teams moving the wrong direction. Could get Austin in space.

When we tried it against Arizona, Mathieu made a great tackle in space. But I wouldn't let that keep us from trying it.

The best thing they could do with Austin, on top of creative things, is not use him like a gimmick. Let him run some real routes down the field...especially in the intermediate range.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
It is hard right now to disguise what they're doing with DRich. He's a bit of a one-trick pony since he's nearly worthless in pass protection and not particularly elusive out of the backfield. When he's on the field, it is pretty obvious that he's getting the rock because he's just not that useful (currently) in other situations.

That said, I have no issue with having him try to pound a few up the gut just to set up something to the outside, but I haven't seen them try do much of the latter. At some point though, he'll need to become a more complete back or his value to the team will decline.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Pho Kadat said:
It is hard right now to disguise what they're doing with DRich. He's a bit of a one-trick pony since he's nearly worthless in pass protection and not particularly elusive out of the backfield. When he's on the field, it is pretty obvious that he's getting the rock because he's just not that useful (currently) in other situations.

That said, I have no issue with having him try to pound a few up the gut just to set up something to the outside, but I haven't seen them try do much of the latter. At some point though, he'll need to become a more complete back or his value to the team will decline.
Exactly why I brought up the 2back set threat of Stacy running it opens DRich on a screen

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
With the way they have bracketed TA I think lining him up in the backfield will put the defense in single high safety and could open up some Cookie Monster action
Just not sure how much help TA can give blocking so maybe flare him to th weak side and freeze the backer that way