Rams to stress run vs Carolina

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
by Doug Vaughn / FootballStL
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/Rams-to-stress-run-vs-Carolina-228256911.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/Ram ... 56911.html</a>

zacStacy.jpg

(FootballStL) -- It worked last week, why not try it again? The Rams running game finally came to life in the victory over the Houston Texans.

A ground game that had produced next to nothing in previous weeks, rolled up 99 yards on 25 carries in the 38-13 win. Not exactly record breaking numbers, but a definitely upgrade. Look for the Rams game plan Sunday against Carolina to rely heavily on the running game again.

“We’re going to just hope to continue with it,” said Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher. “Our challenge this week, however, is a little different from the standpoint that this defense is very good against the run. This defense is very well-coached, very aggressive, not giving up any points. They have not been scored upon in the first quarter this year.”

Quarterback Sam Bradford threw only 16 passes in the Houston game for 117 yards. That’s not what you’re looking for in your fantasy quarterback, but the numbers were just fine with Bradford. He had three touchdown passes and a QB rating of 134.6. A big reason for Bradford’s efficiency was the Rams ability to run the ball.

“It’s huge,” said Bradford. “You’ve seen the past two weeks just having some balance between the run game and the pass game, I think it’s led us to be more efficient. We’ve kept defenses off balance with what we’re doing. I think it’s been really good for all aspects of our game. When you play a defense that’s as good as Carolina, you’ve got to be able to run the football and you’ve got to be able to keep them off balance.”

Zac Stacy has moved ahead of Daryl Richardson on the depth chart as the Rams starting running back. Stacy had 18 carries for 79 yards last week. He doesn’t have explosive speed, and isn’t likely to break any zigzagging, 80 yard touchdown runs. But he’s proven to be tough to tackle on the short runs.

Bradford said, “We saw a clip today in a team meeting of him running over (Texans LB Brian) Cushing and him running over (Texans S) Ed Reed, and I think that just gets everyone fired up. Gives us kind of a spark to go out there this week and do it again this week because it’s fun. I think guys feed off that. The guys up front feed off that when they know that Zac’s running that hard.”

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
Please let them use DR more on the edge so they are balanced.
+1

Stop running him up the gut.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
RamzFanz said:
+1

Stop running him up the gut.
+2

Amen to that... the weekend is almost here and I'm very anxious to see if We continue to hit head against the stone wall or learn to run around it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I can imagine a very difficult backfield to stop if they do. Mix in TA well... could be sweet.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
So i'm thinking Pead is just gonna wash out with us then...injured or not doesn't seem like he is in our plans going forward.

jap

Legend
Ky Ram said:
So i'm thinking Pead is just gonna wash out with us then...injured or not doesn't seem like he is in our plans going forward.

I have heard absolutely zilch regarding Pead beyond a rumor that he may have been late for another team meeting. It's kind of frustrating knowing nothing, and I really do not like to speculate much. Isaiah would seem to be the ideal foil to Zac, which only makes the thundering silence regarding his status even more bewildering.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jap said:
Ky Ram said:

I have heard absolutely zilch regarding Pead beyond a rumor that he may have been late for another team meeting. It's kind of frustrating knowing nothing, and I really do not like to speculate much. Isaiah would seem to be the ideal foil to Zac, which only makes the thundering silence regarding his status even more bewildering.
The only foil Pead has is wrapped around his head:lol:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Rabid Ram said:
jap said:
Ky Ram said:

The only foil Pead has is wrapped around his head:lol:
lmao!! :rofl:

I'm thinking that might be a accurate statement if he was late for a meeting :amped:
Get your head straight dammit Pead!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
jap said:
Ky Ram said:

Rok part two it appears then. Oh well, looks like we have a solid 3 RBs anyway, keep it movin.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Solid 3 RBs really????

Love what Stacy has shown and looking forward to more of the same. He is the only one I have seen that looks anything like an NFL RB.

DRich is no where near solid even as a third down back. It would be nice to see him progress but you can't say OK if he is in we are only going to run these plays.

TA not a RB he is a punt returner slot receiver

3rd guy SHOULD be Pead apparently the Rams don't think he has it together enough to get on the field and they see him a lot more than any of us.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Ky Ram said:

I saw him the other day. He was on a milk carton.

Seriously though, he must be in the dog house. He wasn't playing bad and there should be a spot for him to at least compete for if he wasn't in the dog house. Too bad they keep secrets like this when it serves no purpose. It sucks as a fan. Unless it's personal issues that are none of our business.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here's my take;

If we can run well in this game with Stacy... it's a big deal. I mean, they know it's coming... if we can do it that's huge.

I agree with you guys; DR is dangerous when used outside. Stop the up the gut shit and use this man where he excels and he'll be fine as a change of pace option.

Pead is deep in the dog house. He's been okay on the field... but clearly the staff is teaching him more lessons. If he washes out, he washes out. Can't cry over spilled milk. Not every pick is a winner. Me: I still think he gets a chance here and it's not over yet for Pead.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Pead needs to emerge this week at least a little because I get a feeling Cunningham is a no go. If Pead isn't contributing before the bye week, I don't think he will and one of those early draft picks next year will be spoken for I believe.

And yes, we need to run the ball effectively in just about every game to have a chance to win. Give me 125 rushing yards and I'll show you a Rams victory!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamzFanz said:

Please let them leave DR on the bench imo.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
CGI_Ram said:
Here's my take;

If we can run well in this game with Stacy... it's a big deal. I mean, they know it's coming... if we can do it that's huge.

I agree with you guys; DR is dangerous when used outside. Stop the up the gut shit and use this man where he excels and he'll be fine as a change of pace option.

Pead is deep in the dog house. He's been okay on the field... but clearly the staff is teaching him more lessons. If he washes out, he washes out. Can't cry over spilled milk. Not every pick is a winner. Me: I still think he gets a chance here and it's not over yet for Pead.
This.
As far as the other responses..... SMFH.

GO RAMS!!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
rickrawk said:
CGI_Ram said:
Here's my take;

I agree with you guys; DR is dangerous when used outside. Stop the up the gut shyte and use this man where he excels and he'll be fine as a change of pace option.

This.

GO RAMS!!!!

Just don't shake it too hard. We'd hate to lose you.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Ramhusker said:
rickrawk said:
CGI_Ram said:
Here's my take;

I agree with you guys; DR is dangerous when used outside. Stop the up the gut shyte and use this man where he excels and he'll be fine as a change of pace option.

This.

GO RAMS!!!!

Just don't shake it too hard. We'd hate to lose you.
Still here, bro. But you know what I'm talkin' bout. lol

GO RAMS!!!!

had

Rookie
Am I alone (likely) in thinking, when I watch Stacy, that maybe, just maybe, we've got a potential Frank Gore type rb right here?

I can dream.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
had said:
Am I alone (likely) in thinking, when I watch Stacy, that maybe, just maybe, we've got a potential Frank Gore type rb right here?

I can dream.

Oh no, you are not alone. I said before the season started Stacy may end up our starter and knew he was solid just because he led the toughest conference in college football in rushing on a so so team. If our OL will open even narrow holes for him to plow through, he will put it in granny gear and plow the field. He's old school, bloody nose, pop knot, cloud of dust, in your chin guard kind of a back that just keeps coming at ya. If we can ever get him 20+ carries a game, the dividends will start to double with this guy.