Rams to sign Tavon Austin to contract extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/sources-rams-signing-tavon-austin-to-contract-extension/

The Los Angeles Rams are signing veteran wide receiver Tavon Austin to a contract extension that will be announced Saturday night, according to league sources.

Austin is a multi-dimensional former first-round draft pick who was an All-American from West Virginia.

He was playing under a four-year, $12.751 million rookie deal that included a $7.653 million signing bonus.

Austin caught 52 passes for 473 yards and five touchdowns last season.

He rushed for 434 yards and four touchdowns.

He had a punt return for a touchdown too.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Yes!! I love what Tavon brings to the team and the deal should be reasonable considering he hasn't blown up yet. Could be a very good deal for both sides.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Makes sense. His 5th year option was crazy around 12 million. Ill be interested to see the numbers. Lets hope he lives up to them

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
YES! That's exactly what we need. I don't even care about the numbers; I'm just glad that we got Tavon re-signed. Now for Brockers.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it seems like the rams think tavon is gonna break out and explode this season.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Yes, assuming it's reasonable as he's obviously a big part of this team's identity. Capable of breaking it on any play or punt return...... I agree with Memento... ..next up Brockers.

Athos

Legend
They must see some real potential and chemistry between Austin and Goff going forward. Lotta money for a dude that's still a gadget player, as key as he is to the O.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm iffy on this tbh. I like what Tavon brings, but he still hasn't stepped up the way I have wanted to see from him and I wonder if he will. Risky signing, and I hope this "futures" signing works out better than Foles' did.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Hopefully the coaching staff and Goff can make him into a regular receiving threat instead of the gadget that previous staff's have used him as.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's a heavy contract. Love having him signed though.

TA's value as a decoy for Gurley is pretty big. His rushing is outstanding. His returns are solid and could break games with good blocking.

He just needs to up his WR value, and I think he can. He's better every year.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this is good for us. Even if Tavon never reaches his potential as a pure WR, he's still a playmaker and scoring machine. We need that. Plus, every defense worries about him. Just helps our other WR's and Gurley.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
10.5 million a year is elite WR2 money, but that doesn't jive with 30 mil guaranteed. Need way more info on this contract. If that is right only Dez, Demaryius, AJ Green, and Julio, make more guaranteed.

So that cant be right...

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good ! Now it's time for him to become a team leader and produce