Rams to reach out to Doug Marrone, Patriots coordinators, McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My preferences

First tier: Payton, Patricia, Shanahan (slight reservations bc of his player/personnel stories.. google it)

Second tier: McVay, Lynn

Third tier (No thank you! ): McDaniels, Marrone
Almost positive we can scratch lynn off of that list. Bills love him apparently and he wants them too

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, where is josh defellippo? I'd love if the new coach brought him as OC

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Patrica, McVay, Jim Bob Cooter....and I wish they would televise the interviews so that I could tell you who's ideas I like....throw Shanahan in there.

Wish you guys would ease up on Saffold. He's trying to tell us something...Hayes too...Didn't you guys see some guys on the sideline, laughing while down 33-6? Hell, that first pass to Quick so he could reach some $$$ accomplishment turned my stomach too...

Ram65

Legend
Personally again I love Matt Patricia, now not crazy about the surname, but he is Italian and I've already gone down that road, but he's off the charts smart, in fact, he's a rocket scientist. That's right, he's a nuclear engineer and graduated from one of the finest Engineering Schools in the country, here in Upstate, NY RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) played offensive line and walked away from an Engineering job because of his love for football.

Now I'm sure they will focus more on McDaniels, however, Patricia could wow them, that is for sure.

Matt P is a very intriguing candidate. Always like the guy with the brains.'

Hey Den wasn't Tommy Prothro some kind of genius.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Prothro#Early_life_and_playing_career
NFL head coaching career[edit]
Los Angeles Rams[edit]
On January 2, 1971, Prothro accepted a new challenge when he was hired as head coach of the Los Angeles Rams. In the first season, playing the league's toughest schedule, he guided an aging Rams team to an 8–5–1 record, missing the playoffs when the San Francisco 49ers came from behind to beat the Detroit Lions, 31–27, in the season's final game and win the NFC West by one half game. In his second year, the Rams showed their age when injuries hit the team in the second half of the season. After starting 5–2–1, the Rams lost five of their last six games to finish 6–7–1, good for third place in the NFC West. After two seasons in which he compiled a 14–12–2 record and failed to reach the playoffs, Prothro was dismissed on January 24, 1973, in favor of Chuck Knox. However, Prothro left his mark on the team by trading many aging veterans, often to George Allen's Washington Redskins, and stocking up young talent and draft picks; players such as Lawrence McCutcheon, Jack Youngblood, Isiah Robertson, Dave Elmendorf, Larry Brooks, Jim Bertelsen, and Jack Reynolds were the core of the Rams teams of the 1970s that won seven straight NFC Western division titles.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Patrica, McVay, Jim Bob Cooter....and I wish they would televise the interviews so that I could tell you who's ideas I like....throw Shanahan in there.

Wish you guys would ease up on Saffold. He's trying to tell us something...Hayes too...Didn't you guys see some guys on the sideline, laughing while down 33-6? Hell, that first pass to Quick so he could reach some $$$ accomplishment turned my stomach too...
Even Goff commented on the culture change in that article. Fisher let a bad culture permeate throughout the locker room and organization. Next guy needs to be demanding and driven to preach detail in everything they do, along with accountability.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Even Goff commented on the culture change in that article. Fisher let a bad culture permeate throughout the locker room and organization. Next guy needs to be demanding and driven to preach detail in everything they do, along with accountability.
And THIS shows....we just had a thread called "blow it up or something...." and anyone should be behind this blow it up...totally...
Again...this team quit weeks ago. and it's a damn shame...Gurley tripping over hand tackles in the open field...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What's the appeal on mcvay? He's a hot name right now but I know nothing about him

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Awesome. I checked some skins sites and they didn't seem too upset about brim leaving. Said he may be a few years too soon. Said the offense stalls in the red zone. Plenty had good things to say though

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Personally again I love Matt Patricia, now not crazy about the surname, but he is Italian and I've already gone down that road, but he's off the charts smart, in fact, he's a rocket scientist. That's right, he's a nuclear engineer and graduated from one of the finest Engineering Schools in the country, here in Upstate, NY RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) played offensive line and walked away from an Engineering job because of his love for football.

Now I'm sure they will focus more on McDaniels, however, Patricia could wow them, that is for sure.

yeah he is one of my favorites because he's more balanced between of and df. my question on him is what are his connections for position coaches does anyone have any ideas on this?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
However, Prothro left his mark on the team by trading many aging veterans, often to George Allen's Washington Redskins, and stocking up young talent and draft picks; players such as Lawrence McCutcheon, Jack Youngblood, Isiah Robertson, Dave Elmendorf, Larry Brooks, Jim Bertelsen, and Jack Reynolds were the core of the Rams teams of the 1970s that won seven straight NFC Western division titles.

Prothro was miscast as a head coach. As the evidence suggests, he should have been a GM, because man he stocked the freakin' cupboard during his two short years with the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

My concern with Patricia is how he's going to lead as the guy. Leadership, swagger, aura, whatever you want to call it, that's what this particular job needs. I'm not sure he's a fit there, but I am glad the Rams are talking to him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and btw I don't like Marrone as a head coach at all. He was nothing special in college, and nothing special in the NFL thus far. I'm sure he's a good coach, but he's not THE coach. Which is what we need.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah I think McVay is special. I think he's going to be great. Family bloodlines in the league through his grandfather who was the Niners' GM back in the day. Been under good coaches thus far and is a great teacher and gameplanner. Extremely smooth and capable communicator that exudes confidence, in front of the team or the press.

If we go the coordinator route he is my first choice.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Prothro was miscast as a head coach. As the evidence suggests, he should have been a GM, because man he stocked the freakin' cupboard during his two short years with the Rams.

Oh, and to add to my point above, go look at who he brought in during his 3 and a half years with the Chargers ... plenty of guys who became mainstays of some Charger teams that were very good under Don Coryell, Dan Fouts included.

Prothro just couldn't coach ... but damn, he knew talent. Set two franchises, the Rams and Chargers, onto winning trajectories with the guys he brought in.