Rams to pursue Tebow?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
rickrawk said:
I'm not a big stats guy. Never have been, but I know there are plenty of you here.
Anybody know what Tebow's winning percentage is as a starting QB?

GO RAMS!!!!

See Vince young just sayin

nittany ram

Rookie
Dieter Brock won 68% of the time the year he started for the Rams. Like Tebow, it shows what having a great team around him can do for a bad QB's winning pct.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm in the minority but I want Tebow. If Sam gets hurt, I'd like to have a backup that can win games. And Tebow will actually get the Rams some media recognition. The QB controversy non-sense won't matter with anyone who has an actual say in things.

A55VA6

Legend
jrry32 said:
If Sam gets hurt, I'd like to have a backup that can win games.
Austin Davis is the real deal. Just watch this preseason. Tebow won't do shit but cause controversy and throw inaccurate passes..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A55VA6 said:
jrry32 said:
Austin Davis is the real deal. Just watch this preseason. Tebow won't do shyte but cause controversy and throw inaccurate passes..

I had Austin Davis in one of my final mocks to the Rams last year. I liked the kid coming out. That all said, if he is better than he'll beat Tebow out in competition. No reason not to sign him once the Jets cut him if we want him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we want a guy to run some QB gimmick plays, I'd prefer Denard Robinson in the 6th round.

He's a QB being converted to WR. At least there is potential use returning kicks or in the slot.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The Rams to pursue Baby Jesus... ??? ...

Let us pray.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A0-u85aAYg[/youtube]

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A55VA6 said:
jrry32 said:
Austin Davis is the real deal. Just watch this preseason. Tebow won't do shyte but cause controversy and throw inaccurate passes..

I concur IMO before Austin Davis Tebow did intrigue the Rams, but not now. And if for the only reason you add a guy because he can run the scout team, well, I would go in another direction. I would be fine with Austin Davis replacing Bradford. He makes plays and the Rams can add another UDRFA to be the number 3.

IMO I feel teams in the NFL make huge mistakes for their number two QB's. They go with proven failures as opposed to players with upside. Unless you have someone like Kyle Orton I will pass on the likes of Kellen Clemens & Chris Redman and go with players like Kirk Cousins, T.J. Yates & Austin Davis.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
den-the-coach said:
I concur IMO before Austin Davis Tebow did intrigue the Rams, but not now. And if for the only reason you add a guy because he can run the scout team, well, I would go in another direction. I would be fine with Austin Davis replacing Bradford. He makes plays and the Rams can add another UDRFA to be the number 3.
Let's just forget about Tebow altogether. This staff has no desire to bring that cat in here.
It's all media speculation and it's dumb.

Regarding your Austin replacing Bradford comment. I kind of agree with you. But not in the arbitrary sense. I'm not in the camp that throws out the baby with the bathwater. Replacing Bradford with Austin Davis - before Davis has had a chance to prove anything - would be foolhardy. *IF*, however, Davis shows he has the same accuracy, mental acumen, arm strength, leadership and general QB skills that Bradford has, then fine. But the rub is, it's difficult to find that out unless he steps into that starting role. And he can't step into that starting role unless something bad happens to Sam.

I suspect the coaching staff has a pretty good idea as to what they have in Davis, and they'll keep him around for as long as they can, but I'm not at all confident that they'll just make an arbitrary switch at QB, or even put it up for competition at this point. Because they already know what they have in Bradford, and they know that they haven't even approached his ceiling yet due to very poor initial development and very very poor luck regarding injuries to the OL and WR units. As such, I'm fairly confident that they're going to continue to develop Bradford further and turn him into an elite QB in very short order. He really does have all the tools necessary to become that.

JMO, of course.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Shawnbb158 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/06/seahawks-not-expected-to-pursue-tebow/

Seahawks not expected to pursue Tebow
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2013, 9:29 AM EDT

AP
With mobile quarterbacks suddenly drawing more interest than ever, as evidenced by Pat White’s return to the game after three years in exile, someone surely will want to add Tim Tebow to the depth chart, right?

For now, no one has shown interest in the man who remains a member of the Jets’ roster. And one team that currently has only two quarterbacks on the roster, Tebow isn’t likely to join the fray.

According to Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times, the Seahawks don’t plan to pursue Tebow. More likely candidates to join Russell Wilson and Josh Portis are Seneca Wallace, Tyler Thigpen, Brady Quinn, and Matt Leinart.

Still, O’Neil writes that the Seahawks explored the possibility of acquiring Tebow. Other teams likely have, too. One major problem that comes with having Tebow on the depth chart is that, unless he’s the starting quarterback, his presence on the roster brings too many potential distractions.

One team to watch is the Rams, for two reasons. Last year, the Rams were expected to make a run at Tebow after a snag emerged in trade talks between the Broncos and Jets. Also, with 25 percent of the Rams’ schedule including the 49ers and Seahawks (along with games against the Titans and Panthers), it makes sense to have a mobile quarterback who can run the scout team.

Permalink 30 Comments Latest St

I don't believe the Rams have ever been remotely interested.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jrry32 said:
I'm in the minority but I want Tebow. If Sam gets hurt, I'd like to have a backup that can win games. And Tebow will actually get the Rams some media recognition. The QB controversy non-sense won't matter with anyone who has an actual say in things.

This post brings up a POV I have LONG preached.
No , we don't want Tebow as our backup.
When Vick was in his prime in Atlanta and Matt Schaub was his backup ,I was like ,HOW could anyone believe these two are similar enough to keep the transition of one to another from being a disruption.
I always thought the Falcons needed a guy like Antwaan Randle El ,or someone who played a similar game so things could keep moving the same way.
Tebow should go to a team that has a left handed scrambling QB,maybe he should be Vicks backup,or vice versa.
We need a guy as similar to Sam as we can find.

Tebow and the circus.It saddens me,Tebow is a good kid ,unfortunately religious people in this country feel under attack for being religious, and become Tebow fans when they know virtually nothing about his football abilities, and IN the process of being vocal about their adoration of him they have made him a pariah.With friends like that you don't need enemies ..literally,because their enemies target you.
I think the kid could help a franchise ,he took Denver to the playoffs when Orton wasn't going to,I even predicted they would win that playoff game,IMO he could do it again and if he would play for what a draft choice he can garner NOW would play for the difference between his cap hit and say Tom Brady's would buy that team some help elsewhere. YOU Can win playing Te-ball
I don't think he could EVER win a championship though.