Rams to hire Frank Cignetti as quarterback coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
These were the most interesting comments to me:

Another thing that's clear is Cignetti runs a conservative, ball-control offense, or at least he did at Rutgers. He's not running the offense in St. Louis, but he working for an offensive coordinator who is on the record as stating a preference for the running game and making the play action a big part of the offensive game plan.

At Rutgers, Cignetti worked with the quarterbacks, but he also ran the entire offense, something else to consider when looking at his track record there.

Sounds kinda similar to what Schotty did with the Jets. I also keep thinking he could be the "future OC" if Schotty leaves in a year or 2 because of the offense's success :bign: .

I’m a Rutgers grad and this guy turned around the offense since he came on as O coordinator. He basically saved Schiano’s job and was expected to go to Tampa as the O coordinator. This guy is under the radar but could be a bigtime sleeper. He knows how to run an offense and develop QB’s

I like hearing this.

Two other names had been mentioned recently as candidates for the Rams quarterbacks coaching job. Alex Van Pelt, the Buccaneers former QB coach, and Bart Andrus, the quarterbacks coach who worked with Fisher early in the careers of Steve McNair and Vince Young.

Its interesting that Fisher opted for Cignetti instead of adding another one of "his guys" that he previously worked with in Tennessee.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I keep liking all these hires.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ramhusker said:
I keep liking all these hires.
Me too. This might be the best coaching staff the Rams have had since they moved to St. Louis (and that's considering that the one that Vermiel had in 1999 was pretty damn great).