Rams to have pre-draft visit with big bodied Richmond FS David Jones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
[av][/av]
Very much agree. I am just happy I have people here that go past just the gridiron and numbers and are interested in literal circumstances that can't be measured.

I drink the Kool-aide for sure. I also see the talent level . McVay has proven to be a good talent evaluator , because in past Fisher has had us shaking are heads . He brought in a heck of a good coaching staff with veterans & some good looking young inspiring guys as well to be mentored .
He has done the same with a lot of his free agent signings . Whitworth & Barwin , along with Woods who is both a veteran type, aspiring with a higher ceiling.
-- Then the 2 other guys in Dunbar & Webster who are guys that have a higher ceiling. These are all spots as well in that The Rams struggled . As far as the center spot being all that ?? I think the smart approach is to find that fit vs cost.

The Rams invested a lot of salary cap in the position before Tim Barnes . I think Kromer will find a solid player. Sullivan is a stop gap guy if it comes down to that with not a big investment.From what I'm gathering though is The Rams have a pcwnter they really like in the draft .
Mangold is even out there , so I think this is an excellent off season to find a center for either Long or short term. The player could already be on the roster ??
-- Competition is not a bad thing & if you give a player a true chance to compete it is only going to make your team better.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This kid is the real deal. I was all for drafting a safety in 3round but if we are able to get him with the second 4th round pick you do it. He tackles low which I love he wraps up so no broken tackles. He has the leaping ability to jump with any receiver in the league and his hands are phenomenal. He has the best hands I have seen out of any of the DB's.
I completely agree with you. And we get to have a Spiderman on the defense! Wow, okay I am so going to get stuff thrown at me for saying that :D

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I remember when JJ came out from some small & Terry Bowden was his coach.
What happened to that family. I really like him as a coach & a announcer ?

JJ was electric as a return guy . I think he had 5 TD's & set some kind of NFL record his rookie year. Helped beat a tough Niners team.

I think Wade wants guys that can take it to the Hogse.He told that to Webster when he came into sign .

Tru Johnson has some real good hands as well. He hurt himself against Buffalo Bills on an INT. The Rams were never the same again in 2016.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I remember when JJ came out from some small & Terry Bowden was his coach.
What happened to that family. I really like him as a coach & a announcer ?

JJ was electric as a return guy . I think he had 5 TD's & set some kind of NFL record his rookie year. Helped beat a tough Niners team.

I think Wade wants guys that can take it to the Hogse.He told that to Webster when he came into sign .

Tru Johnson has some real good hands as well. He hurt himself against Buffalo Bills on an INT. The Rams were never the same again in 2016.
Agreed. I think Webster will actually be more shut down though. Expect Trumaine to have a similar year he had in 2016. That is what's on tap I think.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed. I think Webster will actually be more shut down though. Expect Trumaine to have a similar year he had in 2016. That is what's on tap I think.

Just turned on NFL rewind & just saw Tru break up a pass . Now I just saw him giving up a huge 10 yard cushion. Arizona gained 8 yards right in front of him 1 on 1 .Rams end up stop them though on a sack . ???

On paper it all looks good. After the draft we'll get a better idea imo ?
Wade will take care of Webster , a good relationship there.
Tru just came up with an INT against Palmer .-- Tru played well enough to get franchised again this coming up 2017.

Troy Hill might have something to prove.He did get some good experience & learned a tough lesson. --Weird though to think he got a slap on the hand. TJ Mac got 8 games ?
Mo Alexander should be fun to watch in Wades D" .

Last edited:

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Will be interviewing this player as well.