Rams to celebrate 15th anniversary of the GSOT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ST. LOUIS – In recognition of the 15th anniversary of the Super Bowl XXXIV champions, the St. Louis Rams will celebrate “The Greatest Show on Turf” throughout the 2014 season, the team announced Friday.

The most significant celebration event will come on Monday, Oct. 13 when the Rams host NFC West rival San Francisco on ESPN’s Monday Night Football. The Rams will wear their blue and yellow throwback jerseys as they host the 49ers, and members of the 1999 team will be recognized at halftime.
Prior to the Monday night game, the Rams will host a party at St. Louis Union Station Hotel on Saturday, Oct. 11. VIP and general admission tickets will be available for purchase, and those in attendance will have the opportunity to hear from Coach Dick Vermeil and other members of the Super Bowl XXXIV champions.

The Rams will also wear their 1999 throwback jerseys when they host the New York Giants on Dec. 21 as the team celebrates its annual Fan Appreciation Day.

In addition, the Rams, in conjunction with NFL Media, have launched GreatestShowOnTurf.com, a website that features hundreds of exclusive photos and dozens of highlights from the Rams run to the Super Bowl and beyond. The website went live this morning and will allow fans to register for the “GSOT Celebration” from the site.

NFL Network kicked off the Rams’ season-long celebration today with a full day of content featuring the 1999 Rams season. Programming scheduled to air includes an interview with Holt conducted by St. Louis Rams.com’s Casey Phillips, A Football Life with Warner, Rush to Canton: Marshall Faulk,America’s Game: The 1999 St. Louis Rams, and a Super Bowl Classics Special Edition – Super Bowl XXXIV with live in-studio analysis by Warner.

Last edited:

markstewart67

Rookie
My DVR is gonna have a busy day for sure!! Love the throwback page for the 1999 Rams on NFL.com too. Ah the memories. Best year of my life!!
GO RAMS!!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is very exciting. Looks like I will now be "forced" into getting my ass up to The Lou for that entire celebration and game. I'll be informing the wife immediately.

I feel like a kid waiting to open my presents. Holy Shit !!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
ST. LOUIS – In recognition of the 15th anniversary of the Super Bowl XXXIV champions, the St. Louis Rams will celebrate “The Greatest Show on Turf” throughout the 2014 season, the team announced Friday.

The most significant celebration event will come on Monday, Oct. 13 when the Rams host NFC West rival San Francisco on ESPN’s Monday Night Football. The Rams will wear their blue and yellow throwback jerseys as they host the 49ers, and members of the 1999 team will be recognized at halftime.
Prior to the Monday night game, the Rams will host a party at St. Louis Union Station Hotel on Saturday, Oct. 11. VIP and general admission tickets will be available for purchase, and those in attendance will have the opportunity to hear from Coach Dick Vermeil and other members of the Super Bowl XXXIV champions.

The Rams will also wear their 1999 throwback jerseys when they host the New York Giants on Dec. 21 as the team celebrates its annual Fan Appreciation Day.

In addition, the Rams, in conjunction with NFL Media, have launched GreatestShowOnTurf.com, a website that features hundreds of exclusive photos and dozens of highlights from the Rams run to the Super Bowl and beyond. The website went live this morning and will allow fans to register for the “GSOT Celebration” from the site.

NFL Network kicked off the Rams’ season-long celebration today with a full day of content featuring the 1999 Rams season. Programming scheduled to air includes an interview with Holt conducted by St. Louis Rams.com’s Casey Phillips, A Football Life with Warner, Rush to Canton: Marshall Faulk,America’s Game: The 1999 St. Louis Rams, and a Super Bowl Classics Special Edition – Super Bowl XXXIV with live in-studio analysis by Warner.
This is just another reason I think THIS is the game to watch this year(wk#6)! X is their a special Link to the GSOT web site?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There are some great vids too.

Check out Holt's ankle breaker on the Ravens DB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are some great vids too.

Check out Holt's ankle breaker on the Ravens DB.

Yeah, saw that. I'm downloading a buttload of them as we speak. lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, saw that. I'm downloading a buttload of them as we speak. lol.

I wish I still had the clip of Bruce doing a double move and making a 49er DB trip over his own feet.....it was the game that he scored 3 times in the first quarter. It was a short pass, but he turned the guy inside out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Remember this???

Freaking Az. Nobody was more electrifying and more aggravating at the same time. Nobody.
And man do I miss looking at the score and seeing the Rams up by 3 tds. Those were the days.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Rush job on the roster on that page:
Ron Carptener
Mike Gruttaduria

Nice to see the tribute though. Really like seeing the yellow and blue.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Serious question, I have nfl network but there's no chance I can stay up till 3 to watch the kurt warner talk through of the Super Bowl, is there anyway I can get this online afterwards? Download, stream etc?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Serious question, I have nfl network but there's no chance I can stay up till 3 to watch the kurt warner talk through of the Super Bowl, is there anyway I can get this online afterwards? Download, stream etc?
I think you can get a VHS player for like $15 now (if you don't already have 3 in your garage like me).
Have you considered just taping it if you don't have a DVR?

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm watching nfl network through my iPad connected to my tv. We don't get it in television..:/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm watching nfl network through my iPad connected to my tv. We don't get it in television..:/
Ah. Okay. Well, I don't know for sure, but NFLN might re-air it at a later date. The Rams' official site will probably post a bunch of segments from that program as well when it's over. And if all else fails, maybe someone from here will record it and upload it to YouTube. I would absolutely do it for you, but I'm kind of on a working vacation at the moment and don't have access to my DVR.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Freaking Az. Nobody was more electrifying and more aggravating at the same time. Nobody.
And man do I miss looking at the score and seeing the Rams up by 3 tds. Those were the days.

Yeah he was all that and then some. I have always said he is the only player I've seen that made both sidelines wince when he was fielding a punt. I actually felt a sense of relief when he didn't muff it.