Rams to break ground on $2.6 billion Inglewood stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-break-ground-26b-stadium-inglewood-thursday

Rams to break ground on $2.6 billion Inglewood stadium Thursday
5:05 PM ET

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Rams will break ground on their $2.6 billion stadium in Inglewood, California, during a ceremony at 11 a.m. PT Thursday.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Rams owner Stan Kroenke and Inglewood mayor James Butts will all be in attendance.

The 70,000-seat stadium and an adjacent, 6,000-seat performance venue will be the centerpiece of a 298-acre, mixed-use development on the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack, set to be completed for the 2019 season. The Rams are playing at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in the meantime.

The ceremony will mark the start of digging a 100-foot-deep hole where the stadium will reside. Ultimately, the venue will also include a hotel, office space, retail and housing. It is scheduled to host the Super Bowl in 2021 and is in the running to host the 2024 Summer Olympics.

Hollywood Park Land Company has been clearing the site for the past two years. During that time, more than 2.2 million square feet of buildings were demolished and removed, as were more than 11 miles of old underground utilities, according to information provided by the Rams.

Ram65

Legend
Seems like a long time ago I was very excited about the new stadium. Really hope the Rams are winning by the time it opens if not sooner. It will be a great place to play and watch football.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Super Bowl and Olympics , the place will be amazing . Stans World ! This will be his trademark.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
At least the Rams wont have to drive far to watch the teams playing in it!
200.gif

Hey... That's not funny! Oh ... well... OK - maybe it is a little.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can't wait to see the new digs. pun? Anyway, I still have to go see them play in the Coliseum first for old time's sake.

fearsomefour

Legend
100 foot dig?
Find an arrowhead....stop dig.
Wait for the "cultural ambassador" from the state to confirm, yes it is an arrowhead. Repeat.
God help them if they find a bone or something. Or maybe the rules don't apply to such a big money project.
Cali.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
100 foot dig?
Find an arrowhead....stop dig.
Wait for the "cultural ambassador" from the state to confirm, yes it is an arrowhead. Repeat.
God help them if they find a bone or something. Or maybe the rules don't apply to such a big money project.
Cali.

I've wondered the same thing myself. What if............

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-break-ground-26b-stadium-inglewood-thursday

Rams to break ground on $2.6 billion Inglewood stadium Thursday
5:05 PM ET

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Rams will break ground on their $2.6 billion stadium in Inglewood, California, during a ceremony at 11 a.m. PT Thursday.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Rams owner Stan Kroenke and Inglewood mayor James Butts will all be in attendance.

The 70,000-seat stadium and an adjacent, 6,000-seat performance venue will be the centerpiece of a 298-acre, mixed-use development on the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack, set to be completed for the 2019 season. The Rams are playing at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in the meantime.

The ceremony will mark the start of digging a 100-foot-deep hole where the stadium will reside. Ultimately, the venue will also include a hotel, office space, retail and housing. It is scheduled to host the Super Bowl in 2021 and is in the running to host the 2024 Summer Olympics.

Hollywood Park Land Company has been clearing the site for the past two years. During that time, more than 2.2 million square feet of buildings were demolished and removed, as were more than 11 miles of old underground utilities, according to information provided by the Rams.

yodapic.jpg