Rams to alter Wednesday practice due to wildfires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
So I have less than zero knowledge of LA area. Is this something that could possibly effect the area the stadium is at Sunday? Obviously, not important compared to people losing their homes and livelihoods but just curious.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So I have less than zero knowledge of LA area. Is this something that could possibly effect the area the stadium is at Sunday? Obviously, not important compared to people losing their homes and livelihoods but just curious.

Nope, not at all. The issue for them is more about air quality than anything else.

The high winds are supposed to die down Thursday, and that will hopefully help the firefighters out a bit. These fires are so fast moving due to the wind, I had to evacuate work actually.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The fires are pretty far northwest of LA, so the fires will not directly affect the game near the Coliseum.

Rams practice northwest of LA in Thousand Oaks, which is closer to Ventura, where the fires are. Sounds like the winds could make for a bad few days for the whole Ventura area.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Anybody seen Belichick lately?
Or his Zippo?

Psycho_X

Legend
Nope, not at all. The issue for them is more about air quality than anything else.

Ok,I didn't think actual fire was a threat but was just curious if the wind turned right if the air quality could potentially be an issue at the stadium too.

fearsomefour

Legend

The high winds are supposed to die down Thursday, and that will hopefully help the firefighters out a bit. These fires are so fast moving due to the wind, I had to evacuate work actually.
Crazy stuff this year for sure.
Don't remember stuff like this. This fast spreading.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
So I have less than zero knowledge of LA area. Is this something that could possibly effect the area the stadium is at Sunday? Obviously, not important compared to people losing their homes and livelihoods but just curious.[/QUOT

Cal Lutheran College, a private institution of Higher Ed, is in Thousand Oaks, CA, a 10-minute walk from my home, and some 50 miles from the Coliseum, south of downtown Los Angeles and nowhere near the fire. When I went outside this morning, smelled like someone was having a BBQ it was so bad. I think the winds have died down a bit, though.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Not that it matters, but it looks like it's the San Fernando fire (Creek Fire) causing the Rams' smoke problems in T.O. not the Thomas Fire in Ventura County. The 805 gets such a bum rap sometimes.
1206_nws_ldn-l-socalfires-map.jpg

http://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/05...rn-californias-biggest-wildfires-are-burning/

More:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...ll=34.19209191893752,-118.70834802856444&z=10

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I grew up in LA and a few years after I left the Navy, I moved back for 13 years.

Got asthma as an adult and the damn wildfires put me on my nebulizer like 5 times a day for 9 months.

Without breathing issues, it won't be a problem, but it will affect players late in the game if they have any issues.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Well I'm sure the eagles are dealing with the same thing with the santa Ana winds. Shit sucks

Zero

Pro Bowler
Anybody seen Belichick lately?
Or his Zippo?
Last I heard,he and Goodell had it burning some Super Bowl practice tapes at
one of Roger's sleep overs.
Of course,that's neither confirmed or unconfirmed.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
by sunday we should have an onshore flow so the smoke should go north. santa ana winds create an offshore flow as you see in the picture above. sunday should be fine

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

You nailed it!

I live in Simi Valley, less than 8 miles from Cal. Luth., The winds are considerably lighter now, but still blowing! They said they may have to move practice to USC, But it will have absolutely no effect on the game!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Anyone got an update on the practice situation? I know the fires are still going crazy, and looks like they are not showing any signs of going down anytime soon. I wish they would of had an contingency plan for this type of thing especially out there in the SFV/Ventura County where wild fires are prevalent.