Rams @ Texans: Shane's Seven For a St. Louis Win (101ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

Texans Give and Rams Must Take

The St. Louis Rams (2-3) currently possess a plus-2 turnover differential, good for a tie for seventh in the league. By contrast, the Houston Texans (2-3) are minus-eight in the giveaway/takeaway department, with only three teams faring worse in this category.

Through five games, Houston has only managed to force three turnovers. To the Texans’ chagrin, they have given it up on 11 occasions.

Statistics going back 35 years prove that those who do more taking than giving win the vast majority of NFL games.

Since 1978, teams finishing games plus-one in the turnover battle win 67 percent of the time. Teams with a plus-two turnover differential attain victories in nearly 82 percent of contests. Finally, teams that manage to finish plus-three topple their opponents in nearly 89 percent of matchups.

Coming out ahead in regard to the aforementioned category is obviously a vital key to winning each and every week. But when playing on the road, it is even more pivotal.

If St. Louis hopes to escape Texas with a win, the Rams need to take advantage of Houston’s propensity for turning the ball over.

By doing so, it will give the Rams’ offense more opportunities to score and simultaneously reduce the number of chances the Texans have to do the same.

Rev Up the Run

Although Houston is No. 1 against the pass, some may be shocked to discover that the Texans are tied with the Rams at No. 28 in most rushing yards given up per game (126).

(Hope each of you enjoy the other six points here, some of which include stats I was very surprised by):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/10/12/rams-texans-shanes-seven-sunday-win/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/10/12/ram ... unday-win/</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Re: Rams @ Texans: Shane's Seven For a St. Louis Win (101ESP

I think you covered all the bases, Shane.

At this point, I'm willing to chop off a finger in exchange for points in the 1st quarter!

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Rams @ Texans: Shane's Seven For a St. Louis Win (101ESP

CGI_Ram said:
I think you covered all the bases, Shane.

At this point, I'm willing to chop off a finger in exchange for points in the 1st quarter!

Thank you for the kind words, CGI, and thank you for my first great laugh of the morning re: the finger comment! :bg: