Rams Tendering LT Alaric Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Granted, you still need a future RT, with Havenstein's age, but say you get an early 4th for AJ, you can then turn around and draft a potential RT for the future with that pick.

And the reason to do this would be with 2 high priced OG's, and a tighter cap next yr, they very likley won't be able to nor would be willing to pay LT money to AJ.

And you have Noteboom as a security blanket if your rookie LT struggles early. Risky I know, but from a team construction standpoint, taking into account the cap and the future, you have a chance to solidify both OT positions in one draft and do it cheaply.

I know easier said than done, but if you trust your player evaluation and like this OT class, even down to that mid round RT prospect, I would go for it.
IMO - The Rams are looking to build with in upfront for depth.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It just occurred to me that it's possible that a team may have approached the Rams about Alaric Jackson as they just didn't want to give up the 2nd round pick required if they just signed him to an offer sheet.

If the Rams traded up for an OT and the Saints can't fill both their OT spots on the first couple of days of the draft, maybe they come calling on day three offering a day three selection.