Rams Targeting Cj Mosley To Replace Dunbar?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we want to replace Dunbar, Yawin Smallwood from UConn is the guy to do it.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That's an interesting thing to say. The guy you say you want sounds just like Dunbar to me. From your description Mosley sounds just like the guy I want. Someone you don't have to take out on passing downs. Frankly, Even if we draft a good CB we still don't a reliable backfield., especially if we get even one injury. If we don't want to get that kind of guy I'm OK with Dunbar. He's good against the run and can blitz too.

Of course replacing him with a real head hunter wouldn't be bad either.

Sorry Alan I certainly did not try to confuse. I am saying I would Rather have Barr than Mosley, both would certainly be in on 3rd down. I would rather have a stay at home block shedding run stuffer than either Barr or Mosley. Barr is a very interesting prospect maybe the #2 freakish athlete in the draft next to Clowney. I bet he rises to the 2nd or 3rd rated prospect by draft day so he is very alluring and tempting.

Alan

Legend
rdlkgliders responded:
Sorry Alan I certainly did not try to confuse. I am saying I would Rather have Barr than Mosley, both would certainly be in on 3rd down. I would rather have a stay at home block shedding run stuffer than either Barr or Mosley. Barr is a very interesting prospect maybe the #2 freakish athlete in the draft next to Clowney. I bet he rises to the 2nd or 3rd rated prospect by draft day so he is very alluring and tempting.
That wasn't what I was confused about. I know Barr is a 3-4 OLB and doesn't fit our system. What confused me was when you said that neither one was suited to play Dunbars position. Good against the run and not so good against the pass describes both Dunbar and Barr in my mind. With Dunbar being a poor man's Barr. What is it that you see different in their games except in degree?

Last edited by a moderator:

iced

i can't imagine spending a 1st round pick on a 4-3 SLB... the nickel package is predominantly 60% of the packages these days, that means he'd be on the field probably for 40% of the plays... i'd rather get a corner, unless he plans to take over for laurenitias

Alan

Legend
jrry32 with a new name:
If we want to replace Dunbar, Yawin Smallwood from UConn is the guy to do it.

What round is he projected to be drafted?

Alan

Legend
iced thinking OLB is a low priority:
i can't imagine spending a 1st round pick on a 4-3 SLB... the nickel package is predominantly 60% of the packages these days, that means he'd be on the field probably for 40% of the plays... i'd rather get a corner
I agree with all that. OLB is not that high a priority but there's no doubt in my mind that it would improve our front seven. But, like I've said before, OT, CB & FS are much higher priorities to me. I'm just discussing the pros and cons of this option because this is a thread about targeting an OLB. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan

Legend
4th isn't bad. Especially if we get some extra picks this year. Good plan jrry. Make it so.

Alan

Legend
flv loving those trade downs:
No reason to believe we'll stay at #13. If we pick at #25 a lot more options potentially become value.
Worked very well for us last year.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
So they're doing their homework on first round talents. GOOD! Im glad they're doing what scouts are suppose to do...

It does make a lot of sense, though. They did cut Dunbar once already for PED's and brought him back because we had no one to replace him.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think Ray Ray Armstrong will be the replacement if they pass on Dunbar... Ray Ray better not be a flag man :slap: next season!

…..

Legend
Ray Ray is a safety turned Linebacker....and another example of potential roster turnover.

I want a linebacker turned awesome linebacker.

I don't get the love for our bottom of the roster players.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ray Ray is a safety turned Linebacker....and another example of potential roster turnover.

I want a linebacker turned awesome linebacker.

I don't get the love for our bottom of the roster players.

I doubt Ray Ray and Bates go anywhere. They're really good on special teams. Those players tend to stick around.

…..

Legend
that's true....on special teams Ray Ray earned his stay. But he cant replace Dunbar.