Rams Targeting Cj Mosley To Replace Dunbar?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Aaron Suttles‏@AaronSuttles
Scouts from the St. Louis Rams and Chicago Bears intently watched C.J. Mosley tonight. NFL teams love his instincts and athleticism.

What do you think? Is it worth drafting him in the middle of the first round to replace Dunbar?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am of the opinion that if they are looking hard @ CJ ..its not to play him outside. Its inside.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I am of the opinion that if they are looking hard @ CJ ..its not to play him outside. Its inside.
It's certainly possible that Mosley could replace Laurinaitis in a year or two. Groom him on the outside first.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
So they're doing their homework on first round talents. GOOD! Im glad they're doing what scouts are suppose to do...

It does make a lot of sense, though. They did cut Dunbar once already for PED's and brought him back because we had no one to replace him.

PhxRam

I thought he was suggesting a Laurinaitis, Mosley, Tree lineup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Y'all writing off Ray Ray already?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I rather have Mack than Mosley personally. Though Mosley is a good prospect, Mack can do much more. Still holding out hope for Armstrong though.

It's funny, I have been studying Linebackers this evening(Barr,Mosley,Mack,Van Noy, Beasley, Perryman, etc)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams paid out 12.4 mil for their MLB'er in 2014. The Rams will pay out 10.4 mil for this same 28 yr old MLB .....9 mil. which is guaranteed which means he is going nowhere in 2014.

That's 22.8 mil for a MLB'er for two yrs????.......this MLB'er is under contact to make nearly 20 mil over the next 3 yrs (2015/2016/2017). You have to find the $$$ to keep Quinn after 2014 don't you? I would sure explore all the options to find a way to keep Quinn on this roster the next 5 to 6 yrs .

Alan

Legend
-X- wondering:
Just curious but did he stop getting penalties every game? I missed a few games in the last half of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just curious but did he stopped getting penalties every game? I missed a few games in the last half of the season.

I think Fisher let Armstrong get that out of his system this season so he is ready from day one in 2014 TC to be our next starting OSLB'er flip side from Alec Ogletree.....Tree & Ray Ray sounds great to me.

Yep erased my writing off from my OSLB'er reserve spot & wrote him into starting OSLB'er spot. I think that Ray Armstrong will be an exciting starting lb'er for us in 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm not writing him off. I'm just doing my due diligence before I make a mock draft. I think it becomes a much more real possibility if we see him show up for meetings.

Alan

Legend
Thanks Bonifay.
So they think he had only 32 in his body? :wink:

V3

Hall of Fame

As long as Ray Ray plays the way way he did, I don't see him as a starter. He has no self control. Maybe he can learn that? Until I know he can control himself, I look at him as a backup/special teamer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Might as well just bring back Dunbar on the cheap.

Alan

Legend
Dunbar is OK with me but getting a top OLB would be great too. Clowney might make our front seven better but so would one of the top OLBs.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I like Barr over Mosley but neither are really suited to play Dunbar's position. Barr is a 3-4 guy playing the outside and rushing the passer with special talent. Mosley is a Weakside guy like tree that does a lot of the same things. Mosley's cover skills are superb plays all 3 downs etc. I would like to see a stay at home guy who sheds blocks and stuffs the run. we have athletes at the LB position already. A real nice stay at home run stopper with average cover skills or a guy with crazy athletic ability that can be yet another guy to get to the quarterback.?

Alan

Legend
rdlkgliders confusing me:
I like Barr over Mosley but neither are really suited to play Dunbar's position. Barr is a 3-4 guy playing the outside and rushing the passer with special talent. Mosley is a Weakside guy like tree that does a lot of the same things. Mosley's cover skills are superb plays all 3 downs etc. I would like to see a stay at home guy who sheds blocks and stuffs the run. we have athletes at the LB position already. A real nice stay at home run stopper with average cover skills or a guy with crazy athletic ability that can be yet another guy to get to the quarterback.?
That's an interesting thing to say. The guy you say you want sounds just like Dunbar to me. From your description Mosley sounds just like the guy I want. Someone you don't have to take out on passing downs. Frankly, Even if we draft a good CB we still don't a reliable backfield., especially if we get even one injury. If we don't want to get that kind of guy I'm OK with Dunbar. He's good against the run and can blitz too.

Of course replacing him with a real head hunter wouldn't be bad either.