Rams take Battle!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That is a good question, was GRob held out entirely or just some? I honestly can't recall I just remember a presser where it was discussed that BW was doing 2nd team LT work.
It was my understanding that the first team OTA's left side first team was Garrett Reynolds was in for rehabbing starting OLG Rodger Saffold & Brandon Washington was in for the rehabbing Greg Robinson. I have no ideal who was the 2nd team OLT was I just suspected it was Darrell Williams.
Say we run GRob-Saffold-Center-Brown-Havenstein then reserves could look Washington LT/LG/RG, Reynolds LG/RG/RT, Wichman RG/LG/RT Backup C which all seem able to play C/G
At this time I do not see Brandon Washington beating out Barrett Jones or Andrew Donnal for a roster spot. For BW to make this team he will have to improve greatly in many areas. I have maintained that BW is a much better left side OL'er than right side. BW best NFL position is @ OLG. But the real issue for him firstly is BW has a near pro bowl caliber Rodger Saffold firmly cemented into that post. Secondly The next in line appears to be veteran swing man Garrett Reynolds who has 6 NFL season under his belt with 27 starts & playing in 52 NFL games. BW has only one NFL game under his belt. Thirdly BW will enter free agency after this season.
As you noted Rams Org. invested by utilizing two 2015 draft selections in 2 OG's (Brown & Wichmann) Throw in 3rd yr versatile OL'er Barrett Jones & the OG posts has a ton of competition.

As an UDFA would D Williams last on the practice squad?
That would be the best Williams could hope for.
Battle on IR with some trumped up injury
Sounds like you have an excellent game plan here!
I just realized I went through that whole thing and don't have Donnal accounted for
As I said earlier its possible that Andrew Donnal could surprise Boudreau & make a decent swing OT for him but he is the only Ram OL'er that comes close in that ability.
Do we up it this year with the inexperience of the OLine and keep 10 instead of 9 like last year?
I sure would think that would be a very good ideal, Fisher has kept 11 Ol'ers at times too.

Last edited: