Rams Submit Alternative Proposal for Dome Upgrades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[flv]http://cdn.bimfs.com/KMOV/ed4f9f56404b6b0acd6886060703658d1883e55c.mp4[/flv]

ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – The St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission says the Rams have submitted an alternative plan to upgrade the Edward Jones Dome. Details of that plan will not be made public.

The St. Louis Rams released this statement:

“This morning the Rams submitted the club’s proposed plans to make the Edward Jones Dome a First Tier NFL stadium. Our lease sets forth a procedure and process to bring the Edward Jones Dome up to the First Tier standard. The process and procedure is confidential under the parties’ agreements, and the Rams will continue to respect those confidentiality obligations.”

——————————————-

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Today, May 1, is the deadline for the St. Louis Rams to respond to the plan put forward by the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission to upgrade the Edward Jones Dome.

Still unanswered — will the public get a chance to learn what that response is.

CVC officials released their proposal to the public earlier this year, but there’s no word on whether the Rams plan to do the same.

Team officials rejected the CVC’s original $124 million proposal and if the CVC fails to sign off on the counter-proposal Tuesday, arbitration gets underway in June.

If that still fails to provide a resolution then the lease on the Dome reverts to year-to-year and the Rams can leave town if they so desire.

Many think such a move would be back to Los Angeles, where the team was playing before moving to St. Louis in 1995.

The team can break its lease after the 2014 season if the Edward Jones Dome is not deemed to be among the top 25% of NFL stadiums, meaning it would have to be among the top eight because there are 32 teams in the league.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Just happy to see a proposal has been submitted, you know. I don't really care right now that the proposal isn't public, I just think it is a good sign.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Lesson said:
Just happy to see a proposal has been submitted, you know. I don't really care right now that the proposal isn't public, I just think it is a good sign.

Exactly....we can worry about cost until the two sides can come to a compromise