Rams stung by drug suspensions of Bailey, Watts/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't think he's going anywhere right now. he's walking the tight rope but I just don't think they're ready to give up on him. they have enough reciever problems and they know he has the best hands on the team whether he's getting enough playing time or not. but they'll be looking at their options this offseason.
Robo,
I don't want to give up on him either. I like his game and I think he should be utilized more. The Rams have nothing happening at WR right now (offense problems) so Bailey is a keep to me. I just hope he doesn't think he is special at this level....the arrogance of youth.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If his issue is weed....and it seems like a lot of these guys issues are weed....both in the pros and college (as an aside my son is a college athlete and weed is everywhere on nearly all of the teams, tons of users) it is interesting to see (just going by memory) that most of the guys suspended are WR, DBs, RBs. Don't really see lineman getting popped.
That is interesting as they are huge guys (peds would play in there I would think) and a starting lineman certainly would be subject to as much pain as a back up WR or RB if not more.
It certainly seems that the personality of the WR is that of a Dbag and a drama queen. To a slightly less degree DBs are right there with them. Not sure why this is and speaking in completely general terms of course. I am too lazy to find numbers, but, it would be interesting to see the number of substance suspensions by position. I don't really remember lineman getting popped, but, maybe my memory is just bad.

I just do not understand myself...... Playing in the NFL! talk about a natural HIGH!

Why would you need anything else to feel good about yourself put in the very hard work to get there & what a wonderful opportunity to earn great money & opportunities to invest that $$ for a good long life of comfort for yourself & love ones?

fearsomefour

Legend
I just do not understand myself...... Playing in the NFL! talk about a natural HIGH!

Why would you need anything else to feel good about yourself put in the very hard work to get there & what a wonderful opportunity to earn great money & opportunities to invest that $$ for a good long life of comfort for yourself & love ones?
Why does anyone celebrate an accomplishment, a promotion, winning a case, a big sale ect with some cocktails?
Why does a successful lawyer get a DUI?
Is it a way of dealing with pain? Is it just that he likes to party? Who knows? Doesn't matter. I see no difference with a 25 year old guy smoking weed and watching a movie at home than I do a 50 year old executive coming home and having 5 drinks.
I think he certainly has been stupid. But, how it seems from the outside is almost never how it is on the inside. With a team of 50 + guys, from all different backgrounds, perspectives, ages ect. we all assume everyone loves it and it a dream come true. For some it is and for some it is probably just a job. There can be a lot of pressure from outside sources, particularly for a young person, who is in the public eye making money (maybe perceived as being "rich" by people around them when that is not the case) and expectation to perform to earn the next contract.
I am not making excuses for Bailey, but, I just think it is unfair to try and crawl inside someones head. We don't know whats going on with him.
I am basing this on two NFL players I knew back in the day and a current friend that was a first round MLB draft pick. For all of them it was a mixed bag. Excitement, a dream come true, pressure, injuries, pain and a lot of other stuff.

lockdnram21

Legend
Jenkins probably doesnt smoke during season. Hes smart about it. Hell Randy mMoss said he smoked weed. He said he didnt let it stop his money. So smoke in the off season and get clean before camp

RAMBUSH

Starter
Geez , it's a weed ! It grows on a tree . It doesn't enhance performance! I say give the owners a random . Ridiculous if you ask me ... I say they get in way more trouble boozing then puffing !

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It seems that a whole lot more players smoke pot than are actually caught. How are some getting by and others aren't.
NFL CBA has a set time of ANNOUNCED tests.....Usually around June or July...Can't remember when....However after your first positive test, the player is subjected to a certain amount (10-30??) of random tests a year...So, you're messed up if you flunk one test and you smoke pot....The ones that never test positive understand these rules and can stop smoking around Feb-March...and always pass....I don't think the masking agents work....Now, fake/substitute urine.....o_O

And according to Spotrac.com, he will be docked $172,489 in pay.
Whatever the case, this is a huge amount...And a tough lesson.....

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Oh well, like others have said not a big loss. A blown pick that outside of a couple of games and some special teams never approached what we hoped.

Edit. I'm not criticizing the pick. I thought he was great in the 3rd round.

MrMotes

Starter
It seems that a whole lot more players smoke pot than are actually caught. How are some getting by and others aren't. Why isn't JJ telling Bailey his secrets?

Some players are randomly tested (previous offenders). The rest are not...

MrMotes

Starter
Geez , it's a weed ! It grows on a tree . It doesn't enhance performance! I say give the owners a random . Ridiculous if you ask me ... I say they get in way more trouble boozing then puffing !

And it's legal in some states, with no doubt more to come...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
... I say give the owners a random ....

Good idea! Officials too.

What baffles me is that smoking weed carries even worse penalties than say for PED's, or actual cheating or even for something like knocking your wife out and dragging her by the hair out of an elevator.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If his issue is weed....and it seems like a lot of these guys issues are weed....both in the pros and college (as an aside my son is a college athlete and weed is everywhere on nearly all of the teams, tons of users) it is interesting to see (just going by memory) that most of the guys suspended are WR, DBs, RBs. Don't really see lineman getting popped.
That is interesting as they are huge guys (peds would play in there I would think) and a starting lineman certainly would be subject to as much pain as a back up WR or RB if not more.
It certainly seems that the personality of the WR is that of a Dbag and a drama queen. To a slightly less degree DBs are right there with them. Not sure why this is and speaking in completely general terms of course. I am too lazy to find numbers, but, it would be interesting to see the number of substance suspensions by position. I don't really remember lineman getting popped, but, maybe my memory is just bad.
not sure of numbers, however, joey bosa of ohio state was suspended (by OSU) for the opening game due to a drug infraction. one of their OL ( mike adams / steelers - jake mewhort / indy ) drafted in the last year or two also had issues with weed. so either the skill positions are more readily reported by the media or OSU is an enigma with their lineman.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
not sure of numbers, however, joey bosa of ohio state was suspended (by OSU) for the opening game due to a drug infraction. one of their OL ( mike adams / steelers - jake mewhort / indy ) drafted in the last year or two also had issues with weed. so either the skill positions are more readily reported by the media or OSU is an enigma with their lineman.

It was Adams. Mike Adams has other issues aside from weed. I'd still take Bosa if he dropped. He's going to be J.J. Watt all over again, except as a defensive end. I'd even take him over a quarterback; he's that good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It was Adams. Mike Adams has other issues aside from weed. I'd still take Bosa if he dropped. He's going to be J.J. Watt all over again, except as a defensive end. I'd even take him over a quarterback; he's that good.

Bosa is very chippy borderline dirty. I can't stand that guy. It is good that Ohio State gets penalty immunity in the BigTen because he would lead the league. His after the whistle antics makes me think he is a roid rager.