Rams Spreading the Wealth in Passin Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just interesting...

9 different guys caught the ball, nobody had more than 2 receptions. In a way, that's pretty tough to game plan for. I mean the QB has three TD's and no where close to a primary target. Then a slippery, tough, MJD type RB coming down the pipe. I think teams will focus on what they can do to stop us rather than what we can do to beat them. There's no one area they can focus on. That's a very good trait to have. This is a trait we didn't have before Stacy became the starter. His impact is much bigger than many realize, IMO. He's a best RB by a wide margin and earned his starting spot from here on out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
mr.stlouis said:
Just interesting...

9 different guys caught the ball, nobody had more than 2 receptions. In a way, that's pretty tough to game plan for. I mean the QB has three TD's and no where close to a primary target. Then a slippery, tough, MJD type RB coming down the pipe. I think teams will focus on what they can do to stop us rather than what we can do to beat them. There's no one area they can focus on. That's a very good trait to have. This is a trait we didn't have before Stacy became the starter. His impact is much bigger than many realize, IMO. He's a best RB by a wide margin and earned his starting spot from here on out.

Good point.

When the season began we envisioned an offense full of mismatches... while this effort falls short of my "picture bubble"... its a glimpse of how this offense can scheme against you.

We did most of the damage today without Tavon. I sure hope Schotty figures out what to do with him soon!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
In pre season we thought we were a spread it out kind of team, realized last week we are not, more of a power team-.....Sam Bradford
AS told to Tim Ryan.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yamahopper said:
In pre season we thought we were a spread it out kind of team, realized last week we are not, more of a power team-.....Sam Bradford
AS told to Tim Ryan.

I heard that too.

A tad confusing if true. I mean... we came out of preseason unclear of our offensive identity?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
Yamahopper said:
AS told to Tim Ryan.

I heard that too.

A tad confusing if true. I mean... we came out of preseason unclear of our offensive identity?

I had to think about it. The preseason was so vanilla both in game plan and the defenses they faced. Then the reg. season came about and the plan didn't work how they wanted. The pass wasn't setting up the run, whatever, etc. I don't blame them for sticking with it for as long as they did at all. They did have some success.
But if this is true then major kudos for changing to what works.

jap

Legend
That's the Sam I remember from Oklahoma, the kid who would spray the rock around to anyone & everyone who's open. Give him a solid ground game and then let him do his thing.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shocking? Yes it is!!!

But hey, this IS the drastic change we were all talking about. Our team just had to COMPLETELY change its offensive approach. Sux for Austin, good for Quick. We just gotta get Austin more involved. JUST GOTTA!!! I'd pick him again just because he is a BIG spark plug like the Oz was. I have strong faith he'll get there.