Rams special teams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
The special teams have been exceptional this year. Hekker has been all world and the coverage on kicks and punts has been stellar. A couple of questions for all:
1.) If a team wanted to trade you a second or a package of mid-rounders, would you trade him? My thought is Hekker is like having the best closer in baseball, but your team loses 90 games a year. Why not trade him while you can get value in return?
2.) Has anyone done a study on the merit of just taking a touchback vs bringing the ball out of the endzone? It seems the return man rarely makes it to the 25 and with the risk of a penalty or fumble, its not worth the risk of better field position or even a TD.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
ST is underrated on this team. Honestly its the only thing that is going good for us that is consistent. I wouldn't trade anyone who plays an integral part of the ST squad.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Who would coach these prospective players?
We have, essentially, a bus with no steering wheel, right now. Let's get the steering fixed before we soup it up.

Psycho_X

Legend
Who would coach these prospective players?
We have, essentially, a bus with no steering wheel, right now. Let's get the steering fixed before we soup it up.

Agreed with the above.

I'll give Fisher props, he has put together a hell of a special teams unit and Fassel has coached them up better than possibly any other team in the league. Hekker is on pace to be an all time great. But what would we do with those picks? I don't have confidence they'd be used properly anyway and even if they were I'm not confident they'd be coached up properly. So might as well keep what we got at the moment and hope someone, whoever it is, can fix this shit show without trading away the only thing that works for us.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way do I trade hek ... guy won us the game agaisnt the jets .... and with two more years of fisher ... there will be a few more close ones that might come down to the leg of JH

lockdnram21

Legend
Mike Thomas is a beast on special teams he should be earning snaps on offense with his good play on st

tempests

Hall of Fame
If a team wanted to trade you a second or a package of mid-rounders, would you trade him? My thought is Hekker is like having the best closer in baseball, but your team loses 90 games a year. Why not trade him while you can get value in return?

I can't imagine any team values a punter to the point of giving up that kind of draft compensation. Jacksonville did spend a third on one a few years back, but they wound up looking pretty silly.

For Hek, I think you get a late round pick.

I only trade him if I think the team doesn't need him anymore.