Rams sorting through coordinator options/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a great start to the offseason. But the again, we have had multiple good offseasons on paper that netted us nothing. So maybe this slow start will boost us to the top

FRO

Legend
Focus.

I realize it's enough for some fans, but my assertion isn't about what workaday fans think of Schotty. I'm simply saying that it seems more likely that Fisher and Schotty were telling the truth when Schotty said he *wanted* to go to the college ranks, and that all of the conspiracy generated by his departure isn't supported by any kind of evidence whatsoever at this point. Because here we are with no coordinator, and all of the hot prospects taking jobs elsewhere.
I think Schottenhiemer realized his best chance to be a head coach was in college. He strategically moved to college OC to help his chances. That's my theory.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not a great start to the offseason. But the again, we have had multiple good offseasons on paper that netted us nothing. So maybe this slow start will boost us to the top
That just might be crazy enough to work.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Schottenhiemer realized his best chance to be a head coach was in college. He strategically moved to college OC to help his chances. That's my theory.
Possibly.

My theory is a little different. MUCH less stress + less hours + closer to family + still great money + more fun = win.

iced

Wait a minute. First you said the Rams knew sticking with him would be the definition of insanity.
Now you're saying Schotty left because he knew the writing was on the wall.

:huh:

yea, that's why they called it a "mutual parting"

he didn't take an upgrade, i don't know if you'd even call nfl OC to college OC a lateral move

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
yea, that's why they called it a "mutual parting"

he didn't take an upgrade, i don't know if you'd even call nfl OC to college OC a lateral move
Who called it that, other than some fans?

At any rate, I don't care to go down this road any further. All I said was that it appears as though they were both telling the truth, and the evidence right now supports that.
Everything else is conjecture.

FRO

Legend
Possibly.

My theory is a little different. MUCH less stress + less hours + closer to family + still great money + more fun = win.
I'm not sure about less stress. College football fans may be the craziest. They go nuts over 17 and 18 year old kids being indecisive over what school to go to.

ram007

Starter
per PFT, Chud got one year deal. He really doesn't want to work here (or 49ers). i don't know what hurts more. the lack of schotty at OC or the perception of not one good coordinator wanting to join this staff

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
per PFT, Chud got one year deal. He really doesn't want to work here (or 49ers). i don't know what hurts more. the lack of schotty at OC or the perception of not one good coordinator wanting to join this staff

I hate it but who knows why really.

IMO only one thing matters: can Fish still upgrade OC. I think the answer is yes, even if it's Boras or Hackett. Schotty is a statistic bottom feeder OC, so I don't think letting him go is something that is going to result in a catastrophe because the Rams' offense is already there. Worst case either of those two will get the job and end up being a buffoon and we'll see more of the same on offense.

Just gonna cross my fingers like I did when Fish hired Schotty. Really hope he hits big on this hire, whoever it is.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Could also be that he wants a HC job, and wants to wait until he gets one. Why go to a struggling team in a tough division, when you can be part of a winning team in an easy division? He may also feel that he'll be next in line if Chuck has health issues again. I wouldn't take it too personally, eventually we'll get to the point where coaches and players really want to be part of the staff, it just takes time.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
what if it's not the talent but the coaching philosophy? OC's not agreeing with the ground and pound philosophy fisher wants. yet I'm still confused after 3 years of Schotty and slinging the ball more anyways against fishers philosophy . honestly the team has no identity and know what to do with a few missing pieces (OL, QB uncertainty) paired with a philosophy that had yet to work without said missing pieces. Maybe they don't agree with fisher. w/e maybe Hackett wouldn't be bad. can't get worse than Schotty