Rams Snead getting picked apart.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Yeah, I went and looked that up ... although neither can be credited for the QB's they are coaching (Luck for Schotty, Eli for Cigs).

Maybe QB coach is their ceiling. I wouldn't touch either one of them with a 10 foot pole when it comes to the OC position.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
How do we know that "He basically has done exactly what was asked of him"?

I don't know who wanted each of the players drafted. I do believe Snead wanted Brian Quick. That's the stories about how Snead saw him at Appalachian State. Then they secretly went to a private workout etc....What about Greg Robinson and Mason from Sneads Alma Mater Auburn? How much influence did Snead have on these picks? Was Snead equally of more enamored with Tavon Austin then Fisher? I don't all the details but, Snead has to be accountable for some picks. We just don't know how many?

He has also drafted, Brockers, Tree, Tru Johnson, McDonald, Jenkins, Gaines, Alexander, Joyner, Gurley, Hav, J Brown, Gurley and of course Donald. Lets be fair, there are some misses but lots of hits.

I have said for 3 years there is playoff talent on this roster. Thats all a GM can do, he cant exactly develop the talent too.

Ram65

Legend
He has also drafted, Brockers, Tree, Tru Johnson, McDonald, Jenkins, Gaines, Alexander, Joyner, Gurley, Hav, J Brown, Gurley and of course Donald. Lets be fair, there are some misses but lots of hits.

I have said for 3 years there is playoff talent on this roster. Thats all a GM can do, he cant exactly develop the talent too.

I can hit on first round early and second round picks too.

I didn't say give him all the blame but I'm not giving him a complete pass either.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
have been a fan so long, but this year is getting to me more than many others
@LoyalRam
You and I are seeing eye to eye.
At 53 years old and a lifetime Ram fan I have learned to deal with the ups and downs but this year is especially disheartening. I just disengage a bit so as to not get caught up in disappointment so much. The problem is the season tickets. I am going to probably eat 650 -700 worth of tickets for this weekends game since no one wants to buy them because we are terrible

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I can hit on first round early and second round picks too.

I didn't say give him all the blame but I'm not giving him a complete pass either.

I didnt say you did. You made you case on picks that you perceived as bad picks. Robinson, Austin, Mason and Quick. I presented a counter, my list just happened to be much bigger lol.

I would argue you above point by saying he has hit on later picks better than the early ones. Based on what you wrote his picks of Austin and Robinson dont help make your point.

Donald was a mid 1st, Tru a 3rd, Havenstien 4th, Gaines 6th, Ogletree late 1st. McDonald 3rd, Alexander late. These are just off the top of my head. He has made some nice picks late.

Im not giving him a pass either, dont get me wrong, but if I had to chose the GM or the coach to keep its a no brainer for me.

Ram65

Legend
Snead in my opinion has done a great job. He has coexisted with his coach and made decisions in conjunction with what his coach thinks is the best way to build a team.

He basically has done exactly what was asked of him.

I don't think he has done a great job.

He has been able to make deals but has had the draft assets to move around.

I didnt say you did. You made you case on picks that you perceived as bad picks. Robinson, Austin, Mason and Quick. I presented a counter, my list just happened to be much bigger lol.

I would argue you above point by saying he has hit on later picks better than the early ones. Based on what you wrote his picks of Austin and Robinson dont help make your point.

Donald was a mid 1st, Tru a 3rd, Havenstien 4th, Gaines 6th, Ogletree late 1st. McDonald 3rd, Alexander late. These are just off the top of my head. He has made some nice picks late.

Im not giving him a pass either, dont get me wrong, but if I had to chose the GM or the coach to keep its a no brainer for me.

I not making a complete list of Rams poor draft decisions, Havenstien ,a 2nd rounder, has regressed and the entire rookie offensive line from 2015 hasn't looked good. Ogletree was a first rounder. I didn't mention Isiah Pead, Rock Watkins, Barrett Jones, Chris Givens to name a few. The Rams, Jeff Fisher and Les Snead had great draft assets. In 2012 they had 6 picks in the top 96 of the draft. In 2013 they had 2 first rounders (moved up to get Austin) and 5 picks in the top 114 of that draft. In 2014 they had 2 more first rounders and 5 picks in the first 110 spots. Here is a link to all the draft picks

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2510&type=team

Here is a link to all the draft picks. One thing Snead has done has been able to move around in the draft by trading on draft day. I'm not sure he and Fisher have made the most of their opportunities. They gave up a lot for the Austin move up for one. I know Quick was Snead guy. The ties to Auburn make me wonder about Mason and Robinson. That is why I mentioned them earlier. I the end we may not know all the details of the recent Fisher/Snead draft. I just can't say Snead has done a great job.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think he has done a great job.

He has been able to make deals but has had the draft assets to move around.
I think he's doing a fine job.
And he's been able to make those deals with those assets because of acquiring those assets by making deals.
It's a circular strategy that keeps on benefiting him.