Rams Simulate Playing Giants by Pumping Crowd Groans Into Speakers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
https://sports.theonion.com/rams-simulate-playing-giants-by-pumping-crowd-groans-in-1819815600

Today 2:51pm
SEE MORE: FOOTBALL
ucdmcci655unicyfb3ml.jpg

LOS ANGELES—Stressing the importance of practicing in the same conditions they would face in MetLife Stadium, members of the Los Angeles Rams confirmed for reporters Tuesday that they have been simulating their upcoming game against the Giants by pumping crowd groans through speakers. “We know the groans are going to be extremely loud there, and we want to get a feel for what it’s like to play in that environment,” said Rams head coach Sean McVay, noting that the team had surrounded the practice field with concert speakers blaring recordings of injured cattle to help mimic game conditions in which the sighs and grumbling often become so deafening that players cannot hear the snap count. “That noise is what Giants fans are known for; they feed off each other and the action on the field to create that ear-splitting groaning, so we need to be ready. Though I’ll be the first to tell you, even with the speakers, it’s impossible to fully recreate the despair of a Giants game.” McVay added that he is confident the Rams won’t be distracted by New York fans sitting behind their sideline shouting at them to come play for the Giants.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Wow! You know things have changed drastically when the Onion makes fun of the Giants in comparison to the Rams.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Wow! You know things have changed drastically when the Onion makes fun of the Giants in comparison to the Rams.

Exactly my first thought! It's been what, about 15 years since we weren't the butt of the joke?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
My favorite article from the Onion

"Bears release QB with highest 'whining' percentage".

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Funny @$$ article lol. Took me a sec to realize it was a joke.

But anyway, we can count on Jenks playing like Deion in his prime against us. If the Rams are patient on offense, however, keep it balanced and use play action, the offense should be fine.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Funny @$$ article lol. Took me a sec to realize it was a joke.

But anyway, we can count on Jenks playing like Deion in his prime against us. If the Rams are patient on offense, however, keep it balanced and use play action, the offense should be fine.

Speaking of Janoris, I'd bet that deep down, he is wishing he was a Ram this season.

jap

Legend
Speaking of Janoris, I'd bet that deep down, he is wishing he was a Ram this season.

Probably ever since the SonOfBum climbed aboard the U.S.S. Horns.

Jenks will probably assigned to guard Sammy much of the game. I hope Sammy & Jared are getting ready.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
we can count on Jenks playing like Deion in his prime against us.
I hope he does his usual... take chances in an attempt to get that INT.

Then we burn him like the piece of toast he is! :LOL: