Rams Signing Davin Joseph

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Feeling comfortable with our OL situation, wow I thought I would never say that again...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sounds like he's a Henry Melton of the OG's. Melton got paid, though. Gotta like the "low risk high reward" factor, especially for depth.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This is the guy that will solidify this unit going into training camp. I was skeptical thinking the Brandon Washington could be the guy that provides the kind of depth they would be comfortable with.

Now when you look at this unit they have the depth and flexibility that Boudreau loves.

Offensive Linemen (14)
61Tim Barnes ( C )6'43003Missouri
63Scott Wells ( C )6'230011Tennessee
64Sean Hooey - OL6'92951Cincinnati
65Demetrius Rhaney ( C )6'2301RTennessee State
66Mithcell Van Dyk (T)6'7313RPortland State
67Barrett Jones (G/C)6'43061Alabama
70Brandon Washington (G)6'23183Miami
72Joe Barksdale (T)6'53294LSU
73Mike Person (T)6'42994Montana State
76Rodger Saffold (T)6'53145Indiana
77Jake Long (T)6'73197Michigan
79Greg Robinson (G/T)6'5332RAuburn
XXAbasi Salimu (T)6'5292RNichols State
XXDavin Joseph (G)6'33139Oklahoma

The flexibility that Boudreau loves? I love it!!!!
Can you imagine 3 years ago the idea of the Rams having the best defensive front in football along with an O-line like this?
NICE

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The flexibility that Boudreau loves? I love it!!!!
Can you imagine 3 years ago the idea of the Rams having the best defensive front in football along with an O-line like this?
NICE

Having players who can play multiple positions is one of the things Boudreau loves to have. This will allow them to keep 9 O-linemen rather then the 10 or 11 they had on the 53 man roster last year, and still leave room to stash some of the young projects on the PS. Van Dyk, Rhaney, Person should all be candidates. And a Brandon Washington will need to up his game to stick around.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Just more insurance in the event that Long isn't ready. If Long can't go week 1 look for Robinson or Saffold to start at LT and Joseph to start at G.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good veteran depth. Nice not to have to count on guys like Goldberg and Ojinnaka if we have injuries.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Good veteran depth. Nice not to have to count on guys like Goldberg and Ojinnaka if we have injuries.
Jrry, you're not allowed to say that name, Ojinnaka brings back painful memories.

I'm still not over it.

FRO

Legend
Let's hope he is healthy. I wanted he or Dahl. If both are healthy he is much better than Dahl. He is a team leader and would be good to pair him up with Robinson. I like the signing. I like our offensive line if healthy. We can endure and injury and still have a pretty good unit.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Report: Davin Joseph, St. Louis Rams set to strike deal

By Chris Wesseling

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-rams-set-to-strike-deal?campaign=Twitter_atl

For the second consecutive offseason, the St. Louis Rams are adding a former Pro Bowl selection to their offensive line.

The team is set to sign former Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Davin Joseph, reports Alex Marvez of FOX Sports.

Joseph was released in March after missing the entire 2012 season and disappointing as a 16-game starter in 2013.

Spending nearly three months on the open market suggests the rest of the NFL wasn't wild about his future prospects after pouring over game film.

Joseph will ostensibly provide insurance in case Jake Long suffers a setback in his recovery from ACL surgery. Long, signed away from the Dolphins last offseason, is tentatively scheduled to return for training camp.

Although Joseph figures to start out as a reserve, he can move into the starting lineup if right guard Rodger Saffold is forced to kick outside as a fill-in for Long or right tackle Joseph Barksdale.

With the additions of Long, Barksdale and Joseph, the re-signing of Saffold and the drafting of No. 2 overall pick Greg Robinson, the Rams have transformed their offensive line from one of the league's weakest two years ago to a genuine asset entering the 2014 season.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I was scared when I thought they were trying to fill the hole that Saffold left with Joseph, but as veteran depth I like it a lot.

If for some reason Long isn't ready to go, I fully expect the starting OL to be Saffold-Robinson-Wells-Joseph-Barksdale.

FRO

Legend
Have you seen an OG worse than Ojinnakka? I'm sure he was a good guy and tried hard, but man he sucked. That 2012 line of Hunter, Ojinnakka, Turner, Dahl, and Richardson had to be the worst in the history of the game. No offense to Dahl who was an average OG.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Have you seen an OG worse than Ojinnakka? I'm sure he was a good guy and tried hard, but man he sucked. That 2012 line of Hunter, Ojinnakka, Turner, Dahl, and Richardson had to be the worst in the history of the game. No offense to Dahl who was an average OG.

Tavon would have been a more effective OG than Ojinnakka. He was unbelievably bad.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams finalizing deal with OG Davin Joseph
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/128762/rams-finalizing-deal-with-og-davin-joseph

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- In search of some veteran depth for their offensive line, the St. Louis Rams are in the process of finalizing a one-year deal with guard Davin Joseph.

Joseph originally visited with the Rams in mid-March as a potential solution for the expected departure of Rodger Saffold. When Saffold's deal with Oakland fell through and the Rams re-signed him to a lucrative deal, interest in Joseph was put on the back burner.

Through that time, the Rams remained open to adding a veteran for the interior, but clearly wanted to see what the draft would yield before adding a veteran inside. They also had expressed interest in Daryn Colledge and mentioned a possible return for Harvey Dahl along the way.

When the Rams came out of the draft with tackle Greg Robinson but didn't draft any more linemen until the seventh round, the need for some experience on the interior became more obvious.

Joseph comes to St. Louis from Tampa Bay, where he went to two Pro Bowls for the Bucs before injuries sidetracked his career. He was a first-round pick in 2006, earning trips to Hawaii in 2008 and 2011. But he suffered a severe knee injury that cost him the 2012 season, and he struggled to get back to his former production last season.

The Bucs released Joseph before free agency in March, saving $6 million against the salary cap. In addition to his visit to St. Louis, Joseph also made stops in New England and Dallas.

For the Rams, the expectation is that Joseph will provide depth behind projected starting guards Robinson and Saffold. Joseph also provides insurance in case left tackle Jake Long is unable to start the season. Long suffered a torn ACL and MCL against Joseph's former team late in the season.

As Long continues his rehabilitation, Joseph, who has played in 100 games (including playoffs), offers an experienced replacement inside who would allow the Rams to shift Robinson or Saffold outside until Long is ready.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love this signing. 2 pro-bowls. 30yrs old.

If the knee is right, this guy has demonstrated he can play at a high level.

PERFECT!

FRO

Legend
I like the fact we waited this out. Probably drove his price down a bit between now and March.

I like our free agent class. This is how I believe free agency should be done. Resign your guys, add lower hanging fruit. High paid free agents rarely work out. Had Jake Long not tore his knee he would be the rare exception.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Might still bring in Daryn Colledge as more depth, depending on how many OL we keep. OL is becoming a major strength.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
For the love of god for one stinking year can we just stay healthy and let all of our #1's play a full year.