Rams sign WR JJ Worton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-sign-wr-j-j-worton-waive-wr-isiah-ferguson/

The Los Angeles Rams officially signed WR J.J. Worton to a contract on Tuesday and placed WRIsiah Ferguson on waivers.

Worton originally signed on with the Rams back in December before the Patriots added him to their practice squad back in January. However, Worton was arrested a few weeks later in Foxborough, MA for allegedly assaulting a man and two women.

The Patriots wasted no time in waiving him following the incident.

Worton tried out for the Rams at their rookie minicamp this past weekend.

During his four-year career at Central Florida, Worton recorded 168 receptions for 2,360 yards receiving and 21 touchdowns. He also contributed 740 punt return yards and returned a kickoff 22 yards for a touchdown.

Don't know much of anything about this kid. Not a huge fan of this recent trend of signing kids who've been arrested for violent incidents I especially see no reason for this guy but he had a tryout it seems with Duke Williams did and impressed enough that we released Ferguson who spent all last year on our IR. Mike Florio has his usual anti Rams/Fisher comments about it too.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
jimmy-worton.jpg

J.J. Worton/Height: 6′ 2″/Weight: 212 lbs

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ad/os-jj-worton-arrested-bar-fight-story.html

Jan. 25,2016

Former UCF receiver J.J. Worton was arrested in Foxboro after his involvement in a bar fight, CBS Boston reported.

Worton is currently on the practice squad for the New England Patriots, who recently competed for the AFC title in Denver.

Foxboro police charged Worton with two counts of indecent assault and battery on a person aged 14 and over and one count of assault and battery. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Wrentham District Court and did not have to post bail, a source said.

The altercation started after Worton was confronted by a man who claimed he brushed up against his girlfriend as he exited the bar, according to the police report. Worton, who said the brush up was accidental, admitted to punching the man in the face to defend himself.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Someone that the Patriots gave up on?

Pass.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
indecent assault on a 14 year old? Are we that freakin hardup?:wtf:

Ram65

Legend
The more the merrier I guess. Fits what Goff could use. Great hands and underneath quickness.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...riman-rannell-hall/1s77pgcyvsg1q17krc0cn7cku8

Big slot receiver at 6-1, 205 pounds. Looks every bit of that size, which is exciting for his underneath quickness. Worton has great hands that allow him to pluck the ball out of the air, similar to Jarvis Landry (LSU, 2013). Concentration is a major plus.

VigorousFatherlyGrosbeak.gif

He’s certainly unafraid of going over the middle, and he’s a pestering player because of his ability to extend drives. Cuts cleanly with his routes, but his acceleration after the cut is more impressive for his size. Has good speed for his size, and is a dangerous runner in the open field.

Good awareness in space as he finds more open field — that also shows when he’s returning kicks. He had a game-changing kick return against BYU with time winding down to give UCF the chance to force overtime. Keeps his eyes up and aware of his surroundings. Worton is primarily a slot player without much deep speed. Cannot deny that he’s a tough player and adjusts to the ball impressively mid-air.

MORE: Top 10 stadiums less than 70k | Players and their childhood Halloween costumes

One aspect that isn’t clear is if Worton is versatile enough to go outside for a considerable amount of snaps. He can win enough inside to warrant as many snaps as possible, but some schemes will demand more versatility or shiftiness. Being as big as he is, he’s not the scat-back type slot that some teams want.

Summary: Worton looks like a quicker Brian Hartline-type receiver. He might not have the high-end speed Hartline had coming out of Ohio State, but he’s more fluid and athletic. As a slot receiver, it’ll be hard to keep Worton off the field.

Draft prediction: Fifth round

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
Barroom brawler. where does that ring a bell? Well, it does seem like we are getting players who will cover your back when the shit hits the fan. You would have to be in those situations to understand but I know it's better to not put yourself into those kind of circumstances. But I did. Wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and a lot of these NFL players certainly were not either. You play the hand you're dealt. Give the guy a chance.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm starting to notice a trend... and I don't like it. Not at all.
It does smack of desperation....It could be that Fish and Snead have been told, "win or else" by Stan the Man.

…..

Legend
If I had a roster of Thirteen No 2 and 3 receivers, I'd be desperate too.

Prima donna time is over, thugs and arrogant tough guys step on up. This group will toughen itself up merely by competing with itself.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I love these WRs we are signing. Tough brawlers, this will be fun. We need attitude and fight from our offense, we've had none recently.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I hope the young girls boyfriend got charged for statutory rape.

…..

Legend
I hope the young girls boyfriend got charged for statutory rape.

I was thinking.....hmmmm, 14 year old at a bar, or at least hovering outside debating if her fake ID was going to work, wonder what she looked like. I'd bet she didnt look 14

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking.....hmmmm, 14 year old at a bar, or at least hovering outside debating if her fake ID was going to work, wonder what she looked like. I'd bet she didnt look 14

http://www.mymassachusettsdefenselawyer.com/massachusetts-criminal-charges/indecent-assault-battery/

The charge is that she was 14 or older - it's a different charge for 13 or younger. I'm confident that it involves an adult.

The question is - did he feel up a woman intentionally and without her permission, or did he bump into her drunkenly? He's saying the latter, but it is a felony if it were the former. I'm assuming the Rams have done some investigation.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.mymassachusettsdefenselawyer.com/massachusetts-criminal-charges/indecent-assault-battery/

The charge is that she was 14 or older - it's a different charge for 13 or younger. I'm confident that it involves an adult.

The question is - did he feel up a woman intentionally and without her permission, or did he bump into her drunkenly? He's saying the latter, but it is a felony if it were the former. I'm assuming the Rams have done some investigation.
His word against hers. Not trying to be flippant, at all, but only two people know what happened. If he wasn't confronted, as he left the bar, then the assault never would have happened. Too bad it happened at all.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His word against hers. Not trying to be flippant, at all, but only two people know what happened. If he wasn't confronted, as he left the bar, then the assault never would have happened. Too bad it happened at all.

It's certainly possible that she was flirting, then changed her story when her boyfriend confronted her. Or that in a crowded bar he brushed against her and it was misinterpreted. I suspect since it was in a bar that somebody besides those involved witnessed something though.