Rams sign Westbrooks to a 1 year extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Glad his hard work is paying off, I expect him to continue an excellent job as a Eugene Sims role player.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Brings alot schematic versatility because he can play 5 tech and 3 tech in base and inside or outside in nickel sets. Wouldn't surprise me if he outperformed his contract.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They needed a little cap room so this makes sense. I could see him getting a deal done in the off season for more than just one year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I really like what Longacre has done, too.
Yes he had a very good game. 3 minutes in the 1st quarter Matt came in the series after Trumaine scored on the INT & replaced Quinn, he rushed from the right side stuck up his hand & blocked the pass out into an open receiver.
Good call.
What a bunch of serious high-motor guys at DE and OLB.
We have the two draft picks with Smart and Ekuban.
They found Longacre.
Quinn is back.
They just signed Westbrooks.
Josh Forrest made some big plays too.
Our depth looked good on the defensive back end too.
Some new neat stuff:
*Brockers saw a good amount of action @ DE in this new Wade D. It was MB playing DE on the goal line stop when the Colts were on the 1 yd line.

*Tanzel Smart is the back up @ NT.

*OSLB Matt Longacre played as much as Rob Quinn did.

*Samson Ebukam was our 4th OSLB'er who played.

*Blake Countess saw action @ both safety posts, the Nickle & @ outside corner.

*@ approx. 4 1/2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter Wade sent out Countess, Davis,John Johnson & CB's NRC & Hatfield as our DB. In addition Brockers & Westbrooks were done.

*By the beginning of the 4th quarter all of the D starters were gone.

Some concerns:
*The D played very well with the exception of SS Mo Alexander is still wiffing on way too many plays. 2 back to back plays where Mo made poor attempts cost the Rams big on the Colts only 3 pts.

*WILB Barron was rusty & not overly effective in run support.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just proves that the Rams are willing to extend their DL. <ducking>
Yes Sir!

This current seven DL'er core with majority here as Rams for 2 to 3 seasons with the exception of Walker.

Rams DL:
Tanzel Smart UFA 2021
Micheal Brockers UFA 2020
Quinton Jefferson UFA 2020
Morgan Fox ERFA 2019
Ethan Westbrooks UFA 2019
Aaron Donald UFA 2019
Tyrunn Walker UFA 2018

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Yes he had a very good game. 3 minutes in the 1st quarter Matt came in the series after Trumaine scored on the INT & replaced Quinn, he rushed from the right side stuck up his hand & blocked the pass out into an open receiver.

Some new neat stuff:
*Brockers saw a good amount of action @ DE in this new Wade D. It was MB playing DE on the goal line stop when the Colts were on the 1 yd line.

*Tanzel Smart is the back up @ NT.

*OSLB Matt Longacre played as much as Rob Quinn did.

*Samson Ebukam was our 4th OSLB'er who played.

*Blake Countess saw action @ both safety posts, the Nickle & @ outside corner.

*@ approx. 4 1/2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter Wade sent out Countess, Davis,John Johnson & CB's NRC & Hatfield as our DB. In addition Brockers & Westbrooks were done.

*By the beginning of the 4th quarter all of the D starters were gone.

Some concerns:
*The D played very well with the exception of SS Mo Alexander is still wiffing on way too many plays. 2 back to back plays where Mo made poor attempts cost the Rams big on the Colts only 3 pts.

*WILB Barron was rusty & not overly effective in run support.

What are the defensive lines official positions? Or did they rotate around like crazy? I would hate to be a right tackle going up against Brockers on an island. Bull rush city.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What are the defensive lines official positions? Or did they rotate around like crazy? I would hate to be a right tackle going up against Brockers on an island. Bull rush city.
Your second sentence is correct;).

But the if there were a normal line up it would be 5 tech Tyrunn Walker, 3 tech Westbrooks & Brockers on the Nose.

In the Nickle the DL goes to four in 3 point stance with OSLB'ers as the 2 DE's & any combo of the DL'ers in the 2 DT positions.