Rams sign OL Garrett Reynolds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If they were as adept at assessing, procuring and coaching Oline personnel as they are at Defensive Tackle, we'd be set!
Not true at all.After each draft The Rams are very good at letting fans know some of there thought process through each round.

Rams had Greg Robinson as a freak of an athlete & to good to pass up at #2 over all.I would have traded back.The Rams before the draft started had Fisher talk to a reporter. Fisher said they are not trading the pick.

Who do you take ? Greg Robinson is like a big pup(20 years old drafted) who you know is going to get bigger ,because of it's paws.

Rams wanted Zach Martin & had a trade in place to draft the all/pro rookie if Dallas takes Johnny football.

The year before who thought Kyle Long at like 18 ? The Rams tried to draft the OG from Kentucky(Lions),& tried to trade up.If Alex Ogeltree gets drafted The Rams draft him.
I hated the trade up for Tavon Austin.Joyner as well.
The Rams have great scouting in place,just look at the roster.They hit,maybe,not 100% on value,but on NFL talent.
Look at Bennie,Richardson,Westbrook ,then a couple TE's ??

Memphis Ram

Legend
Do you think Memphis that Fishers coach's already know what Fisher has done for 20 years and how he likes to run things as only having 3 rookies that have started in 20 seasons? You don't think they speak about it or know an unspoken style Jeff runs as we have seen many rookies at many positions struggle to see the field and once they did they succeeded and improved the team? I'm talking our Vandy RB and #12 taking so long to get a shot at WR and I have so many more that should have played long before they did. Not just OL. I'm worried about our coaching staff and the delay in certain players making it to the field.

I can't put it all on Fisher as our team is the slowest starting team in the league and getting our new talent out earlier and using them correctly are high on my list of questions. I can't just blindly think they know whats best as I've seen it too many times in Fishers stint as HC. So glas Schotty is gone and really hope they have some new ideas in getting Austin the ball that plays to his strengths and stop using him as a RB as was successfull for TA in college at WV but lets not try that in the big leagues please. De la Puente reminds me too much of Wells as Wells was top rated when we got him and he busted . De La Puente did'nt get resigned by the bears.

If we have the money lets fill the biggest and hardest hole to fill for Foles sake if nothing else as I'd bet Barnes end up starting at this rate now. Thats not hopefull when we had cut him I'm sure thinking we could do much better. This is all on Fisher. We need 3 OL draftees and about 4 UDFA OL to see if we can get lucky.

I don't know GabesHorn. But, if I'm not mistaken, Fisher has only had two OLine coaches his entire head coaching career. Munchak and Boudreau. Anyone know how quickly have they started rookies elsewhere?

I disagree on the OLine. Unless there's an injury issue, De la Puente not getting re-signed by the Bears doesn't sway me. New coaching staff in Chicago. Either way, he'd just be a veteran possibility competing for a spot in my view.

Stel

Starter
De la Puente reminds me too much of Wells as Wells was top rated when we got him and he busted . De La Puente did'nt get resigned by the bears.

Wells didn't work out primarily due to an injury his first year here. Didn't seem to ever come back to form. It happens. You can't make future decisions based on a past one that didn't work out. Every player is different and must be evaluated separately. As for De La Puente, he would be a good signing as a bridge center to give us a veteran for a year or two. Don't read anything into the fact he wasn't resigned by Chicago - every FA a team signs hasn't been re-signed by his former team.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I still don't see why people are being impatient. Those big names people want have not signed with anyone. Until they all sign with a team other than the Rams, we should wait and see what happens before getting worried.

We have so many holes, but yes, patience is part of the process.

We got our Goldberg - Now, lets get our Timmerman!