Rams sign OL Garrett Reynolds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
We need bodies in here to start and be a backup. The Rams are talking to other guys with starter capabilities that are free agents but they can't force those guys to sign. Be patient people! I'll start to worry if they don't sign any of the names that have been mentioned that they're interested in.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Great, the Rams grabbed a good BU. Now let's see them sign Wisnieski, Blalock, and Barksdale.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Everyone wants Wiz, Blalock, and Barksdale, but its amazing how everyone forgets how badly we wanted Davin Joseph:
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-signing-davin-joseph.26333/

Or how badly we wanted Jake Long:
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/jake-long-is-a-ram.16443/

:LOL::ROFLMAO::X3:

OMG those were hilarious! We are some funny sons of guns. But in Long's defense, he was playing well until he blew out his knee after his LG couldn't hold his own multiple times. He never had a problem with "friendly fire" when G-Rob was lined up next to him. But heinsight is 20-20...

Holy freak we gotta fix our line!!!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If we dont resign Barksdale, and draft Oline in rounds 1 and 2, we might be screwed this year. Foles won't have a chance if he's getting mauled back there.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
The Rams organizations lack of attention to the O-line borders on pathological.

I really don't understand the obstinate refusal to face reality.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If we dont resign Barksdale, and draft Oline in rounds 1 and 2, we might be screwed this year. Foles won't have a chance if he's getting mauled back there.
I'd argue we might be screwed if we DO re-sign Barksdale. I agree with the rest.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Since Fisher took over - they signed a multiple All-Pro LT to his second contract. They signed a pro bowl center. They drafted an OT with the #2 pick in the draft. They re-signed the top OL that they inherited. They've also drafted a number of OL, and signed some other, lesser ones.

Their moves haven't worked out all that great, yes. But it's just not true that they haven't been paying attention to the OL.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Since Fisher took over - they signed a multiple All-Pro LT to his second contract. They signed a pro bowl center. They drafted an OT with the #2 pick in the draft. They re-signed the top OL that they inherited. They've also drafted a number of OL, and signed some other, lesser ones.

Their moves haven't worked out all that great, yes. But it's just not true that they haven't been paying attention to the OL.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Wells contract from Day 1 due to his age, but Long I was fine with. It is unfortunate that he tore his ACL 2 years in a row. I wonder if he doesn't tear the ACL in 2013 if GRob is in St. Louis, though.

Lesson

Oh, really?

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Dating back to 2009, the Rams have invested greatly in the OL with the following players via the draft or FA:

Jason Brown
Jason Smith
Rodger Saffold
Harvey Dahl
Scott Wells
Jake Long
Greg Robinson

It's unfortunate that 2(Saffold,Dahl)-potentially 3 with GRob-provided above average play for multiple seasons after all those draft picks/$ were invested.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I was really stoked when the Rams signed Long. It was a risk that didnt work out but it was worth the risk.

Long, IMO, was playing great in 2013 after getting off to a slow start. In 2014, I felt he was still above average, but not on the same level he was previously.

And there's nothing wrong with having Joseph on the roster as a 3rd G, but there is a problem if he's starting.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
While many are very nervous starting multiple rookies on the O-Line, other teams have done it successfully. It's more a matter of the individual players ability and the length of time it takes for chemistry to kick in. Even if it takes half the season for the new players to 'get it', I have no problem adding 2 or 3 young high quality guys who start and perform well for the next several years. Doesn't seem to fit Fisher's M.O., but the team is up against the wall with so many open starting positions, ... and lack of depth. jmo.

We should have been building through the draft two years ago for the o-line, we just don't have the abundance of picks this year, I have no problem in starting rookies at all - my way of thinking is if you're good enough then you should play no matter your age or experience...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I was really stoked when the Rams signed Long. It was a risk that didnt work out but it was worth the risk.

I loved the Long signing, we were just unfortunate with injuries thats all, he could have been a rookie and had injuries as they say around here shit happens

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Me:
*Looks at phone (sees Garrett Reynolds signs with the Rams)*

*Googles Garrett Reynolds*

fastcat

Pro Bowler
That's become the default mode for many Rams fans. In a way you can't blame them entirely after what's happened over lo these many years. I wasn't on the net during the GSOT days but I wonder if there was a similar mood when we signed a certain arena league QB who had been nothing but a backup in the pros. Certainly not equating this player with the other one...just saying.

Warner was on the team the year before... . he may hqve been on the roster for 2 seasons before 99 but i know he was there in 98

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Plus he looks like he could add some weight,looks pretty lean.

He adds depth to the offensive line, IMO, Mike Person was more versatile, however, Reynolds has started far more games and has played under Boudreau so the adjustment should be minimal.

The hope here is obvious Reynolds should not be starting, however, understanding the schemes will help other younger offensive lineman going forward, but I will start sleeping better at night when and if Justin Blalock is signed, but if not the draft will be the answer to the offensive line quandary.