Rams Sign LB Daniel Bituli

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Yep. Some people refuse to admit when a pick they like hasn't panned out. I'm starting to feel that way about Henderson. I wasn't crazy about the choice to start with though. I'm not a fan of speed backs in the pros unless they come to a very good Oline. They get holes in college to blow through untouched that are seldom there in the NFL. This team does not open holes like that. I'm also skeptical about Akers. His dancing around and trying to make something out of nothing can work in college. Every college team has weaknesses. But NFL defenses won't allow it unless he's Faulk special. I hope he is. Give me a good Online and any running back can have success.

I was convinced they'd go ilb/C this year. I guess if they had a first round pick they might have taken Ruiz. But they had some big holes to fill and didnt.

Come on man, let's at least let them play some games first.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy

View: https://imgur.com/a/5FrAlis

Player Bio

Bituli (pronounced bi-TOO-lee) was born in the Congo. His family moved to the U.S. when he was three years old and he later became a star football player at Nashville Christian High School. The four-star recruit and Class 1A Mr. Football Lineman of the Year stayed in-state after helping his team win its first state title. Bituli played in nine games as a reserve as a true freshman, making nine tackles. He took a big step forward as a sophomore, leading the Volunteers with 90 total stops (three for loss), starting eight of 12 games played, intercepting one pass (which he returned for a 97-yard score), and breaking up two others. Bituli started 10 of 12 games played the following year, again topping his squad with 79 tackles (6.5 for loss, one sack). He missed the first two games of his senior season recovering from knee surgery but still managed to lead the Vols in tackles for the third straight year in 2019, becoming just the second player in school history to do so. The team captain garnered second-team All-SEC notice from league coaches after recording 88 stops, five for loss, three sacks and two pass breakups in 11 starts.

Analysis
By Lance Zierlein

NFL Analyst

Overview
Throwback linebacker with size, toughness and aggression. He has power and contact balance that keeps him from getting pushed around and can stop runners dead in their tracks as a box thumper. He's effective tracking a runner's lane choice but needs to play with better recognition of blocking scheme to stay ahead of climbing blocks. Bituli lacks functional speed and is too clunky as an open-field tackler. There are defenses who covet size and aggression inside who may be willing to overlook Bituli's limitations if he can star on special teams.

Strengths
  • Throwback linebacker's build and demeanor
  • Muscular frame with long arms and rugged playing style
  • Field alpha gets his team lined up
  • Very strong with excellent contact balance
  • Keeps pads squared through the rep
  • Heavy hands to pop blockers who approach
  • Able to leverage the gap once he's there
  • Stopping power for runners looking to test him
  • Beats on tight ends releasing into routes
Weaknesses
  • Big but slow
  • Very limited range and leverage in pursuit
  • Below-average reactive athleticism
  • Needs runs headed downhill and right at him
  • Doesn't have recognition to stay ahead of the play design
  • Gets trapped behind blocks he shouldn't
  • Content to sit and read rather than trigger to fill
  • Slides off tackles when feet stop moving
  • Wide base diminishes transitions in coverage

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Unless we find a diamond in the rough this year I don't see any way this doesn't happen next draft. Same for the C position.

I've been amazed with people still on the Kiser train like he's ever done anything or note. It reminds me of Isaiah Pead a few years ago and how nobody could except he needs to go.

Just let it happen.
Kiser was set to start last year and then he got hurt.

While I don't presume he'll be the answer at ILB, I'm not sure why we need to write him off at this point.

Hopefully, whoever emerges will be justify the decision not to pay Cory Littleton.

TexasRam

Legend
Let me make a comparison to help out.

Do you Remember Ray Lewis?

Strong
Fast
Leader
Sack master
Tackle Machine
Interception Ninja
Playoff machine
Dancing Pioneer