Rams sign Lance Dunbar to one year deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bdfitz

UDFA
I hope SM knows what he's letting go in B. Cunningham. Also, Adam Caplan wrote this in Rotoworld: Gurley has shown next to nothing as a pass catcher at the pro level and struggles in pass pro. Dunbar has 68 catches across 54 games. Mar 16 - 9:05 AM

Doesn't Gurley have 64 catches in 32 games? Is Dunbar that good to replace BC and Gurley on 3rd downs?

fearsomefour

Legend
I would like to see Cunningham come back still. Depth there would be important.
That said, if Cunningham moves on I'm not worried about it.
He is a nice player but not great at any one phase.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope SM knows what he's letting go in B. Cunningham. Also, Adam Caplan wrote this in Rotoworld: Gurley has shown next to nothing as a pass catcher at the pro level and struggles in pass pro. Dunbar has 68 catches across 54 games. Mar 16 - 9:05 AM

Doesn't Gurley have 64 catches in 32 games? Is Dunbar that good to replace BC and Gurley on 3rd downs?
The way I understand it is that benny didn't offer enough receiving ability out of the backfield. I tried to find as many highlights of him catching as I could and they all seemed to be screens. Dumbar runs routes out of the backfield. I should add though that I'm not as high on benny as others though (but seeing as he's only had one visit so far in free agency, maybe other teams aren't either?)

bdfitz

UDFA
Cunningham is shifty not fast or quick but look at his LONG kick returns. Look at his 3rd down draws and yes his screens. I’m not saying Dunbar can’t be an upgrade. Maybe he hasn’t had the chance but Cunningham hasn’t lost a step. His ST play alone makes him a keeper and no I don’t think he’d cost that much. Substitutional guy on a losing team but his effort is one of the best this side of Donald.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This is a wash. Same type of player. Practically the same age.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, if the Rams think Dunbar is a fit, I'm all in. Who knows if this means Benny is gone. I like Benny but it wouldn't kill us if he moves on. If that happens, Dunbar is now in place so...................

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Gurley is our best offensive weapon.
I want him in the game on 3rd down.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok, if the Rams think Dunbar is a fit, I'm all in. Who knows if this means Benny is gone. I like Benny but it wouldn't kill us if he moves on. If that happens, Dunbar is now in place so...................
I would think Benny is gone.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Depth at best. I hope.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What Cowboys fans are saying about losing Lance Dunbar.

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/73405-dunbar-a-ram/

Bye bye Dunfool. I don't think you'll be missed.
-----------
Wow 3M for Dunbar seems like an insane overpay
----------
Cowboys rarely used him in the run game and he was decent receiving out of the backfield. I bet he does just fine in LA.
----------
good guy and good player, just not really needed because we were very deep at RB.

Best of luck to him.
--------
Dunbar was either underutilized or injured. Hope he does well in LA. I always liked him.
---------
A perfect example of letting other teams overpay.
----------
Could have been used better, we rarely use screen plays I think he could have excelled in those
---------
We didn't use him much after the injury.
----------
The Contract is "up to" $3 million. That means it is an incentive laden contract. Let's wait and see what the actual base salary is.

Dunbar suffered from the lack of opportunity in Dallas. But he could be a good value as a scat-back for another team. He's betting on himself with an incentive driven contract - which he should. Good Luck to him.
----------
Cleaning house this is what I like to hear. Injury prone players all should be gone!!!
----------
I'm rejoicing. A role player that played no role. Not talking bad about Dunbar but they didn't use him all that much and he didn't play special teams. So a role player with no role is just a wasted roster spot to me. Him moving on makes our 46 man game day roster better.
---------
Dunbar is a good RB. I don't think he has the speed that he had before the knee injury, but he is a very experienced 3rd down back.
----------
Didn't see much of Dunbar the past season and he does not seem like the same player since his knee injury.
----------
Dunbar made some big plays for us. I really dont understand the hate from some fans. He got paid....good for him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Should we now expect Austin to be our returner on both punts & kick-offs ?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Just for GK purposes Gurrrley has:
* 84 Targets
* 64 Receptions
* For 515 Yards
* An 8.0 average
* And a Long of 33 yards.
These are his career rec stats according to pro-football-reference.com.(y);):D

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Well I really disagree with the view that Gurley isn't good in the passing game. He has great hands but he can't get catches if the coordinator doesn't include him in the passing game and throw him some balls.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i like Benny, but there so many other changes that I won't worry about this one. It's a rebuild, boys..ain't no doubt about it.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Benny was our most consistent back. I would prefer he stays but with the deal Dunbar was signed to, it wouldnt make much sense to have both. The offense can't get any worse so I'm fully expecting these changes to have a positive net effect.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

You're starting to sound like Kowalski now.

I kid by the way(y)

Last edited: