Rams Sign Lamarcus Joyner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
In all seriousness, I thought they were signing all contracts at once. Does this mean the rest are signed too?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In all seriousness, I thought they were signing all contracts at once. Does this mean the rest are signed too?

Yeah, I was kinda bummed they didn't joyfully blind side us with "Rams sign all their picks" this year. But like you said, maybe they're all signed.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the rookie signings begin.

I think they said they'd all be signed soon?

It's not like the old days... these things happen pretty uneventfully now.

Just wait to see the order, I guess.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Lamarcus Joyner- DB - Rams
Rams signed No. 41 overall pick S Lamarcus Joyner to a four-year contract.
Although he's a safety, Joyner is expected to spend time in the slot as a rookie, a la Tyrann Mathieu in Arizona. Like Mathieu, Joyner is under-sized at 5-foot-8, 184 pounds. He will compete with Rodney McLeod at free safety, and likely win.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Jun 12 - 4:56 PM

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

The reason why they delay signings is because they want to make sure they can trust the rookies with the money. Joyner is the choir boy of the bunch. In seven minutes, the other rookies will have earned the trust of the staff. Except for Garrett Gilbert. He's a wild child. He might never get paid.

RamBill

Legend
Bp9mIgtCcAArsvL.jpg

Bp9pR9MCUAEPtOs.jpg

Last edited:

RamBill

Legend

Rams sign all 11 draft picks

• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_4bb354c1-16f5-5aa7-8b80-ab72f76dd799.html

Under coach Jeff Fisher and since the new collective bargaining agreement in 2011, the Rams have taken their time to a degree in signing their draft picks. There is little suspense to signing draft picks these days, with all of the money basically slotted by draft position.

But on Thursday, the Rams let it be known that they have signed all 11 players from their 2014 draft class. Tony Pastoors, senior assistant to executive vice president Kevin Demoff, did the legwork on getting the players signed.

All of the contracts were signed Thursday afternoon following the team's OTA practice session. The Rams also announced all of their draft signings en masse a year ago at about this time.

"With the new rookie cap and everything, it's really not difficult to get the deals done," Fisher said earlier in the week. "So we just felt like this time (before signing the picks) would be better served putting them in situations from an educational standpoint, financial planning, and those kinds of things. We've done a lot of that."

THURSDAY'S PRACTICE

Quarterback Sam Bradford got extensive work in Thursday's OTA session at Rams Park, participating in two 7-on-7 periods _ one of which was an extensive period _ as well as an 11-on-11 two-minute drill. He threw TD passes to Tavon Austin and Austing Pettis during the 7-on-7 red zone period. But he threw an interception in the face of a blitz on a pass intended for Stedman Bailey during 11-on-11. Janoris Jenkins came up with the INT, for what would have been a "pick six."

Later in the practice, after Bradford was done for the day, DE Michael Sam almost intercepted a short pass intended for Tavon Austin in the flat. As it was, Sam had to settle for a pass breakup, earning praise from assistant head coach Dave McGinnis.

TE Alex Bayer, the undrafted rookie from Bowling Green, had an impressive day as a pass catcher. The Rams thought enough of Bayer to give him a $10,000 signing bonus and he could be in the running for the fourth tight end spot along with Justice Cunningham and Mason Brodine.

WR Kenny Britt made a nice diving catch near the sideline Thursday despite tight coverage from CB Brandon McGee.

Another highlight play came when safety T.J. McDonald broke up what looked like it was going to be a back-shoulder catch by TE Jared Cook in the red zone.

BIG DONATION

Rams left tackle Jake Long and wife Jackie have donated $1 million to help build a youth summer camp for North Star Reach in Michigan.

"My wife and I are part of a capital campaign committee," Long said. "We're building a summer camp for kids with serious health conditions that otherwise won't be able to go to camp.

"We had our first gala last weekend and had Sam (Bradford) and James (Laurinaitis) come up. We raised almost a half a million dollars. My wife and I donated a million to it. So it's a really great cause."

And a great gesture by the Longs.

RAM-BLINGS

Coaches from about 40 high schools took part in Fisher's annual coaching clinic Thursday following the day's Rams practice.

The Rams have four OTAs remaining next week, two of which are open to the media, before breaking for the summer.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
WR Kenny Britt made a nice diving catch near the sideline Thursday despite tight coverage from CB Brandon McGee.

Tight coverage? Brandon McGee? What?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I see Joyner as a leader on defense. He could be a Ray Lewis motivator one day.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams left tackle Jake Long and wife Jackie have donated $1 million to help build a youth summer camp for North Star Reach in Michigan.

"My wife and I are part of a capital campaign committee," Long said. "We're building a summer camp for kids with serious health conditions that otherwise won't be able to go to camp.

"We had our first gala last weekend and had Sam (Bradford) and James (Laurinaitis) come up. We raised almost a half a million dollars. My wife and I donated a million to it. So it's a really great cause."

:eek:

Wow! That's what you call giving back!

Jake Long... Wow! Big respect for that!