Rams sign Kicker Zach Hocker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Our guys keep mysteriously getting injured, like Havenstein, Quinn and TJ McDonald's injuries also appeared to come out of seemingly nowhere.
Exactly!
I was beginning to doubt myself. Thinking that, maybe my 23 hours a day in here wasn't enough.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.profootballrumors.com/rams-to-sign-zach-hocker/

Hocker, a seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft, earned his first starting job this year in New Orleans. However, the 24-year-old was a little shaky during his first six games as the team’s kicker, resulting in his release in October.

Hocker missed four of his 13 field goal tries, including three from less than 50 yards, and failed to convert one of his extra-point attempts as well. After becoming a free agent, Hocker had workouts with the Jets, Jaguars, and Giants.

As for Zuerlein, even when he’s been healthy, he’s been up and down this season. The fourth-year veteran has missed eight field goals and an extra point in 10 games, and is converting a career-low 65.2% of his field goal attempts.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Maybe Hocker could be our hidden Gano (he had one heck of a journey). Nothing against GZ, if he can't go don't risk further injury. This may have happened when he pulled that extra point last Sunday. Or maybe it was aggravated again during practices.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We are reduced to discussing the possibilities surrounding the signing of a kicker.

We are lost. :(

Rainram

Starter
Fuck it...lets just go for it on every 4th down inside the opponents 40. With that approach we can settle for 2.5 yards per play. I know that might be pushing it, but let's give it a shot.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I'd have an injured groin too if I was only making 65% of my kicks.
What possible reason would they have to lie about this though? I understand what you see in the fg% but i think you're looking for something that isn't there. GZ is hurt, so the Rams brought in insurance, that's all there is to it as far as i'm concerned.
Especially when there can be fines applied to teams who lie about their injury report, i just can't see it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
What possible reason would they have to lie about this though? I understand what you see in the fg% but i think you're looking for something that isn't there. GZ is hurt, so the Rams brought in insurance, that's all there is to it as far as i'm concerned.
Especially when there can be fines applied to teams who lie about their injury report, i just can't see it.
Some people can't get around their hate colored glasses.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
freak it...lets just go for it on every 4th down inside the opponents 40. With that approach we can settle for 2.5 yards per play. I know that might be pushing it, but let's give it a shot.

I remember a game back in the GSOT days when Wilkins was hurt and they didn't have a backup option. They went for two after each TD and converted each time. Right before the half when they woulda gone for a 40 yard field goal Warner hit Hakim for a TD. Ah, those were the days. We try that now and we're only getting 6 points for that lone TD and turning it over on downs inside the 40.