Rams sign Jared Goff along with all their other picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think history comes into play here. I read somewhere that no number 1 pick who started the first game of his first year has ever won that game. Why subject the kid to a guaranteed loss, against our most hated opponent, when you can have a decent chance of winning if you start Keenum?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I think history comes into play here. I read somewhere that no number 1 pick who started the first game of his first year has ever won that game. Why subject the kid to a guaranteed loss, against our most hated opponent, when you can have a decent chance of winning if you start Keenum?

Sorry but your logic is flawed. For one Keenum is not better than Goff and doesn't give us a better chance to win. If he did we wouldn't have needed to trade up for Goff. But most importantly with very very few exceptions the #1 pick QB goes to the worst team in the league the previous year. Is it really a wonder that they don't often win their first game? I'm not worried about it in the least, if we don't win that game with Goff at QB it won't be because he wasn't the QB on the roster that gave us the best chance to win.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if the 5th year option goes all the way to the bottom of the first round, it may have a cut off somewhere in the middle.
It's all first round picks, that's why teams try hard to trade up with the teams at the bottom of the 1st to take a QB late.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You guys are right it's the entire first round.

I was "wrgkkk" or however the Fonz used to say it HA.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So RGIII winning in the skins 1st game doesn't count? Because he was drafted 2nd overall?
Makes that star seem kind of silly no?
And Marcus Mariota drafted #2 overall won last year opener against Tampa with #1 Winston at QB.
Silly stat

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry but your logic is flawed. For one Keenum is not better than Goff and doesn't give us a better chance to win. If he did we wouldn't have needed to trade up for Goff.

Actually, your logic is flawed there. Certainly the Rams believe that Goff will be the far better QB long term. I would expect him to be better than Keenum at some point in the 2016 season even. That does NOT mean that he will automatically be better in game 1. He might be, but he might also need a little more time to get used to NFL speed, with more practice time coming to him than the typical #2, and possibly some playing time when the Rams are blowing out the other team, and then when he's basically ready a week of intensive practice - all the while he would be studying the book and game film as much as possible.

Keenum is already used to NFL game speed, and learning NFL systems, and while changes have been made, knows at least part of the new Rams' system. That may or may not mean he gives the Rams the better chance to win game 1.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, your logic is flawed there. Certainly the Rams believe that Goff will be the far better QB long term. I would expect him to be better than Keenum at some point in the 2016 season even. That does NOT mean that he will automatically be better in game 1. He might be, but he might also need a little more time to get used to NFL speed, with more practice time coming to him than the typical #2, and possibly some playing time when the Rams are blowing out the other team, and then when he's basically ready a week of intensive practice - all the while he would be studying the book and game film as much as possible.

Keenum is already used to NFL game speed, and learning NFL systems, and while changes have been made, knows at least part of the new Rams' system. That may or may not mean he gives the Rams the better chance to win game 1.

Thank you for ignoring the part I started off "most importantly" which was in fact the main reason I think you're comment is wrong. But my lesser point still stands, Keenum doesn't give us a better chance to win week 1 he's not as good of a QB. It's still also very early in the off season and we have no idea how Goff will develop prior to week 1.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank you for ignoring the part I started off "most importantly" which was in fact the main reason I think you're comment is wrong. But my lesser point still stands, Keenum doesn't give us a better chance to win week 1 he's not as good of a QB. It's still also very early in the off season and we have no idea how Goff will develop prior to week 1.

Yes, we have no idea how Goff will develop prior to week 1. Yet you claim to know. He may be ready to start. He may not be. You are the one making an absolute statement - while claiming somebody else in your earlier post had flawed logic - yet you now admit we do not know for sure how Goff will develop.

And Goff will only give the Rams a better chance of winning IF he is ready for the faster pace of the NFL. We do not know that yet.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, we have no idea how Goff will develop prior to week 1. Yet you claim to know. He may be ready to start. He may not be. You are the one making an absolute statement - while claiming somebody else in your earlier post had flawed logic - yet you now admit we do not know for sure how Goff will develop.

And Goff will only give the Rams a better chance of winning IF he is ready for the faster pace of the NFL. We do not know that yet.
I claim that he's a better QB than Keenum regardless.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum would have to kill it in TC/PS to start game #1
Which if he does, I'd be fine with him starting.
Any debate as to who played better, and Goff gets the nod IMO
Kind of reminds me of Warner/Manning. Manning outplayed a broken down Warner in TC/PS that year but they went with the "veteran hand". In retrospect, Manning should have started game #1 as Warner wasn't Warner again (yet), the offense was shell of what they wanted it to be, and by the time they got Manning in there, they ended up with a lost season

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

If you flip a coin 9 times and it's heads each time, the chances the 10th flip is going to be tails is still only 50/50.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum would have to kill it in TC/PS to start game #1
Which if he does, I'd be fine with him starting.
Any debate as to who played better, and Goff gets the nod IMO
Kind of reminds me of Warner/Manning. Manning outplayed a broken down Warner in TC/PS that year but they went with the "veteran hand". In retrospect, Manning should have started game #1 as Warner wasn't Warner again (yet), the offense was shell of what they wanted it to be, and by the time they got Manning in there, they ended up with a lost season

haha, for real? manning looked lost when he hit the field. lost, as in like he had no clue how to qb in the nfl. all the vets were angry when coughlin made the move because they felt he had given up on the season. which he did because they went on to lose every game the rest of the season bar the last game.

no idea where you got your information from.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
haha, for real? manning looked lost when he hit the field. lost, as in like he had no clue how to qb in the nfl. all the vets were angry when coughlin made the move because they felt he had given up on the season. which he did because they went on to lose every game the rest of the season bar the last game.

no idea where you got your information from.

What?
Manning outplayed Warner all pre-season and many were scratching their heads as to why Coughlin went with Warner
By the time they went to Manning, the defense had fallen apart.
I take it you aren't familiar with the Giants

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
What?
Manning outplayed Warner all pre-season and many were scratching their heads as to why Coughlin went with Warner
Oh wow, he played good in pre season???? Well he must be ready then!!!
Warner went 5-4 and lost last two in a row and was benched. Manning won one game, but that's on the defense in that case, not the rookie QB who was still developing. So you are blaming warner losing the starter job on him but Manning losing because of the defense?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What?

manning was about to cry walking off the field during a game against the ravens. how was he ready to play? he was so shit the ravens defenders actually had to console him.

they went 1 and 6 with him in the field, because of him, not the defense.