Rams sign Greg Zuerlein to 3 year deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
mmjvnRV6_bigger.jpg
Myles Simmons‏Verified account@MylesASimmons 52s52 seconds ago

Rams have agreed to terms with K Greg Zuerlein on a three-year deal, keeping him with the franchise.

A55VA6

Legend
Nice! I like Greg. He's reliable most of the time.

His stats over his career..

1-19 yards = 3/3
20-29 = 24/25
30-39 = 42/47
40-49 = 25/31
50+ = 18/35

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams Re-Sign K Greg Zuerlein

March 14th, 2017 at 1:35pm CST by Zach Links
The Rams have re-signed Greg Zuerlein, according to a team announcement. The kicker gets a three-year deal to remain in L.A. Young GZ will average $2.25MM per year on the new pact, Mike Garafolo of NFL.com (on Twitter).

Zuerlein is entering his sixth season with the Rams. After a rough 2015 in which he made only 66.7% of his attempted field goals, he bounced back in 2016 and converted on 86.4% of his tries, though he only had 22 attempts overall. Zuerlein also converted on all 23 of his extra point opportunities, no small feat given the recently-extended range. In 2015, he missed two of the longer distance XP attempts.

Amongst all kickers with eight or more games played, Zuerlein’s 86.4% field goal percentage was good for ninth-best in the league.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/03/rams-re-sign-kicker-greg-zuerlein

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Had a good year but too inconsistent for my liking. I would have rathered they signed Nick Folk.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm glad he's back still young and can kick the ball out of the end zone, if he continues to work an his accurary, that will be a very good thing.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
have rathered they signed Nick Folk.

Nah, his name is to close to a former Ram that failed and Folk can be inconsistent as well although kicking in California trumps Met Stadium.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
LT - check
WR - check
CB - check
C - check
Re-sign Greg the Leg - check
Re-sign Bennie - ?
Trade TruJo - ?

Great job so far McSnead, let's keep this progress rolling ...

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
He had a good season last year. At a 2.25M average that puts him at 13th in the league, just under Phil Dawson.

I'm completely comfortable with that contract.

Psycho_X

Legend
His field goal percentage is 89% under 50 yards. The guy is very good with normal field goals. Jeff Fisher just always wanted to test out "the leg" because we were so desperate to put points on the board. I trust GZ with any field goals under 50. Plus, he gives the chance at a desperation kick if ever needed from over 55.

Over 50 he's a 50/50 kicker. I'm guessing that's above average considering a lot of his tries were over 55 even.

Good signing.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
His field goal percentage is 89% under 50 yards. The guy is very good with normal field goals. Jeff Fisher just always wanted to test out "the leg" because we were so desperate to put points on the board. I trust GZ with any field goals under 50. Plus, he gives the chance at a desperation kick if ever needed from over 55.

Over 50 he's a 50/50 kicker. I'm guessing that's above average considering a lot of his tries were over 55 even.

Good signing.

Great perspective. Not many coaches even try to make that. Most just punt. Chargers probably still have nightmares of missed "gimmie" field goals in their playoff games a few years ago (forget which, their kicker was a rook at the time). I did't want to resort to a washed-up vet or a rookie kicker. <sighs of relief>

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Only time GZ will be utilized this time is for kickoffs and extra points after TD's.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas

Good signing.

THIS THIS THIS.

The narrative against Greg is one of the most clueless and obnoxious I've seen in a while. Leave it to me to get fired up about an unfairly maligned kicker...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am happy with this.

GZ was inconsistent in 2015, but like said by others he was given some really tough kicks and I believe that carried over to effect his whole season.

2016 he was dependable and not asked to do so many boomers.

Another hole on the roster closed!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This made my day. Take out 2015 which was an issue for him both in how he was used and he had some technical issues that he's since fixed and he's right up there with the best of them with a chance to kick a record setting kick.

He's got the right ST coach and now doesn't have to worry about the Fisher nonsense....