Rams sign DT Cudjo to two-year deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/article_99001bc4-d19d-57a8-9a6c-2309f026b033.html#.UT4dYyFowZM.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... ZM.twitter</a>

Restricted free agent Jermelle Cudjo, who filled a valuable role last season as the Rams’ third defensive tackle, signed a two-year deal Monday to return to St. Louis.

Cudjo, 26, originally joined the Rams as an undrafted rookie out of Central Oklahoma in 2010.

Cudjo started four games last season, including the first three contests of the year in place of the injured Michael Brockers. He finished with 39 tackles, a career high, and had one sack.

The Rams have three restricted free agents this offseason _ players with three years NFL experience.

In something of a surprise considering his lack of playing time last season, safety Darian Stewart is expected to receive a one-year qualifying offer from the Rams before Tuesday afternoon’s deadline, thus retaining his services for 2013.

The Rams have cut ties with a third RFA, linebacker Justin Cole, because they will not make him a tender offer.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Awesome moves for the Rams. We really needed Cudjo and Stewart. Not surprised that they're moving on from Cole; he didn't really do anything of note this year.

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah I like keeping Cudjo. And looks like Stewart will be tendered.

I'm so glad DStewart will get his shot at getting his SS spot back....
I liked him and thought he played well for us.
Even if he doesn't end up starting, he'd be great depth for a rookie or FA.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Not a flashy signing, but a smart one. I like both guys a lot. They will give the Rams some valuable depth. I sure thought Stewart was a goner.

jap

Legend
Afro Ram said:
Not a flashy signing, but a smart one. I like both guys a lot. They will give the Rams some valuable depth. I sure thought Stewart was a goner.

Stewart reportedly was dealing with nagging injuries last season. Hopefully, he can get himself together to provide solid competition for a starting role this season.

duckhunter

Starter
Afro Ram said:

^ What he said.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wow...good for Darian. Hopefully he can make it in September when it counts.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
I'm so glad DStewart will get his shot at getting his SS spot back....
I liked him and thought he played well for us.
Even if he doesn't end up starting, he'd be great depth for a rookie or FA.
I think D Stewart could be a good SS. I'm not sure why they kept playing Dahl, especially when Stewart came in, he outplayed him.

I think Cudjo is a better player than people think, I know he's not a starter, but he's a pretty good rotational guy.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
News Bot said:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/article_99001bc4-d19d-57a8-9a6c-2309f026b033.html#.UT4dYyFowZM.twitter

Restricted free agent Jermelle Cudjo, who filled a valuable role last season as the Rams’ third defensive tackle, signed a two-year deal Monday to return to St. Louis.

Cudjo, 26, originally joined the Rams as an undrafted rookie out of Central Oklahoma in 2010.

Cudjo started four games last season, including the first three contests of the year in place of the injured Michael Brockers. He finished with 39 tackles, a career high, and had one sack.

The Rams have three restricted free agents this offseason _ players with three years NFL experience.

In something of a surprise considering his lack of playing time last season, safety Darian Stewart is expected to receive a one-year qualifying offer from the Rams before Tuesday afternoon’s deadline, thus retaining his services for 2013.

The Rams have cut ties with a third RFA, linebacker Justin Cole, because they will not make him a tender offer.

More good news.