Rams sign CB Sam Shields

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Yikes"

- Troy Hill
Actually I bet he's loving it. Getting a chance to be in the DB room with Talib and Shield? Damn imagine all he's gonna learn from those 2 along with Wade and Coach Pleasant! If we retain NRC he might be the best 5th CB in the NFL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Actually I bet he's loving it. Getting a chance to be in the DB room with Talib and Shield? Damn imagine all he's gonna learn from those 2 along with Wade and Coach Pleasant! If we retain NRC he might be the best 5th CB in the NFL.

And let's not forget about Kevin Peterson. In my opinion, he passed Hill with that game against the Whiners.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And let's not forget about Kevin Peterson. In my opinion, he passed Hill with that game against the Whiners.
Not sure about passing Hill but he absolutely shouldn't get lost in the shuffle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Our players can sign at any time.

Well my guess is they have some solid deals on the table that will get done soon.
Les Snead has said in the past that he would allow player to test the market to see where there value is, so a player can feel comfortable with there situation.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As much as I like Peterson his not picking up the fumble in playoffs.
Also Hill started against the Falcons & imo played better than any CB on the roster in that game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like how the Rams have been so deliberate since the McSnead era began.

Year 1 rebuild and fix the offense...carryover the special teams because there's nothing wrong with it .

Year 2 rebuild and fix the defense.

Simple.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Link to a recent interview with Sam Shields, below.

Main points:

— says he has been headache free for a few months now.
—Says he is returning because of the love of the game, doesn’t need the money.
—Admits that he has used marijuana in the past to cope with concussion symptoms.
—Main thing: acknowledges that one more concussion and he is done. One more, that’s it.

Obviously rooting for the kid. But we will all be holding our breath that he doesn’t get that “knockout” blow that could threaten his future.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...back-sam-shields-wants-play-again/1089223001/

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sheilds signing for depth, veteran experience, mentor for younger players and baby sitter for bad boys Talib and Peters,

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
At this point, we have?

Peters, Talib, Shields, Hill, Peterson and one more who's likely PS fodder.

Rams have let leak that they intend to bring back NRC. Webster may be staying as well.

That puts our CBs as: Peters, Talib, Shields, NRC, Webster and Hill with Peterson and others on the PS or gone.

Even if we let Webster go, we're a legit 5 deep stopping at Hill. The last spot could go to a rook, Peterson or a late FA cut.

Man...that's a heckuva secondary, especially with our young safety tandem.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
At this point, we have?...That puts our CBs as: Peters, Talib, Shields, NRC, Webster and Hill with Peterson and others on the PS...that's a heckuva secondary, especially with our young safety tandem.

I guess they don't like the CB class this year in the draft - that's one impressive DB group. Now ILB time...

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently a 1 year $1M contract. :D Hope it works out better than the Lance Dunbar signing! Stay healthy Sam!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Does this mean the end of Kayvon Webster or the end of TruJo?

With the addition of Shields - Peters and Talib I would say, it's safe to say, Webster and Tru are gone! It looks like we got all three for the price we where paying Tru!!:D:D