Rams sign CB Sam Shields

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm sure its for vet minimum with no guarantees, so no harm if he's not good enough to make the roster. He's not going to affect their decision to resign NRC. IMO

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm going to guess depth but can start if we don't re-sign Tru or can't get another quality starter. I get the concussion concerns but he's had a year off and let's hope for the best because he now wears the original logo helmet.

I doubt this means they are done with signing CBs. Any one of our starters and even more than one could be in horns before the dust clears.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Don't really think this means anything for anyone but maybe the bottom of the roster cbs. Would be foolish to rely too heavily on a guy that is seemingly one concussion away from retirement

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Trying to figure out the Rams next move has become a game among itself

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
NRC was our best corner last season, if anything i see this as depth in case Webster cant start or is still on injured reserve.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
This guy could ball when healthy. Let’s hope he can stay healthy though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Nice signing. The Rams know better then to put their faith in a 30 year old CB with concussion issues. This is a depth move at its finest.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
RoWorld :

Sam Shields - DB - Rams
Rams signed CB Sam Shields.

Shields hasn't played since suffering the fifth documented concussion of his career in Week 1 of the 2016 season. Speaking recently, he said he was "one away" from retirement. Now on the wrong side of 30, Shields is purely a speculative flier for a team that's thin at cornerback.

Mar 8 - 5:40 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RoWorld :

Sam Shields - DB - Rams
Rams signed CB Sam Shields.

Shields hasn't played since suffering the fifth documented concussion of his career in Week 1 of the 2016 season. Speaking recently, he said he was "one away" from retirement. Now on the wrong side of 30, Shields is purely a speculative flier for a team that's thin at cornerback.

Mar 8 - 5:40 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football
could only be a back up, imo.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sheilds has a ton of experience and might have been signed as depth insurance, but also to mentor Marcus Peters.

I like this signing. Nothing to lose and a lot of upside.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Rams can save 3 mil cutting Kayvon, who is rehabbing from a serious Achiles injury and who knows when he will be back and how he plays when he gets back. Troy Hill really stepped up his game last year. Kevin Peterson was a playmaker when he got to play. NRC wont be very difficult to retain and the Rams. Have to think they are looking at another outside starter through the draft or FA, so they could have more than enough depth to cover the loss of webster who probably starts the year on PUP anyway. Just something to consider since the Rams have 4 solid options before signing NRC and another guy.

Ram65

Legend
A year off an really help the body recoup. Great signing. As was stated teams can never have enough CBs, He will get plenty of PT. Just stay healthy.