Rams sign Austin Reiter Drake Jackson Adrian Ealy Delrick Abrams and Kyle Markway to PS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly? I like the Drake Jackson signing more. But Reiter is fine.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes he's a great signing too. I missed that one earlier I think with these two we could let Allen walk for sure especially with Shelton playing well in relief.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"There's your fuckin Center pick RoD now STFU."
~ Les Snead

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Especially you @Loyal."
~ Les Snead

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Nine players added to the Practice Squad in the past 24 hours ... three DBs, three OL, TE, PK and LS.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is this to replace Covid list practice squad players? None of these signings will amount to much imo.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looks like a whole lot of insurance.

Heart and soul of Kentucky’s line. High motor / over achiever type. Size is a concern and limited flexibility being 4yr starter at C only (no time spent at gaurd).

The comment section of this article… they love the guy: AT THIS LINK

Get to know undrafted free agent center Drake Jackson​

LEXINGTON - Kentucky center Drake Jackson did not have to wait long after going undrafted to find an NFL team.

Jackson has agreed to terms on a free agent contract with the Detroit Lions, UK confirmed in a news release Sunday. Jackson had been projected as a likely late-round pick in the 2021 NFL draft but was not selected in the final rounds Saturday.

Jackson played in 47 games for Kentucky across four seasons, starting the final 44 games of his career.

As a senior, Jackson was named first-team All-Southeastern Conference by Pro Football Focus and second-team All-SEC by the league coaches and Associated Press. Kentucky reported Jackson graded at 85.7% with 40 knockdowns and 188 blocks at the point of attack during the 11-games season.

Jackson was the heart of a Kentucky offensive line that paved the way for a potent rushing attack over the past four years.

During his first two years as a starter, Jackson helped block for current Pittsburgh Steelers running back Benny Snell in back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. As a fourth-year junior in 2019, he was the center for Miami Dolphins wide receiver Lynn Bowden, who was forced to move to quarterback due to multiple injuries at the position and responded by leading the SEC in rushing and was named a first-team All-American as an all-purpose player.

Kentucky ranked third in the SEC in rushing yards per game (196.6) during the 2020 season playing against only conference opponents.

"It was our job in the middle to make all the calls, to see the defense, to understand as an offense what we’re doing, how we’re doing it, why we’re doing it," Jackson said during Kentucky's pro day. "All of those things prepared me for the next level where it gets even more complicated. If you don’t understand the playbook, if you don’t understand what’s going on, you won’t get a chance to play. That’s extremely important."

Jackson signed with Kentucky as a four-star recruit and U.S. Army All-American from nearby Woodford County High School, but he has faced doubts about his size since his high school days.

UK listed Jackson at 6-foot-2, 292 pounds, and Jackson reported measuring at a "hair under 6-foot-2" at pro day.

"Size has always been a concern," Jackson said. "I think I’ve proven to them it shouldn’t be a concern, playing so long in the SEC and playing well, going down to the Senior Bowl and playing well.

"I think you’ve seen guys in the NFL at the center position pave the way for undersized guys because you’re starting to see that with zone schemes. They want athletic guys, they want smart guys. They’re not so much concerned with the size as they are other intangibles."

Jackson's intelligence was long pointed to by Kentucky coaches as being essential in his success.

He finished two degrees during his time at UK -- a bachelor's in agricultural economics and a master's in kinesiology and health promotion -- while earning SEC Academic Honor Roll honors twice.

"He reminds me so much of John Sullivan, who we had in Los Angeles," said new Kentucky offensive coordinator Liam Coen, who spent the last three years on Sean McVay's staff with the Los Angeles Rams. "...Just in terms of the total understanding of the offense that he had, just blew me away. The type of conversations that Sully and Sean would have would just go over a lot of people’s heads. Drake has that level of understanding of the game. I think just being a football player is going to be able to take over."

Sullivan, a sixth-round pick of the Vikings in 2008, spent 10 years in the NFL and started every game for the Rams during their 2018-19 run to the Super Bowl.

“He’s obviously done this at a high level for a number of years," Coen said of Jackson. "I only foresee him continuing to do so. I do believe with the amount of things that are on centers in the NFL, especially maybe going somewhere where they don’t want too much on the quarterback or have a younger quarterback that they don’t want to put some of those things on, I do think Drake would be a great fit in some of those systems."

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Looks like a whole lot of insurance.

Heart and soul of Kentucky’s line. High motor / over achiever type. Size is a concern and limited flexibility being 4yr starter at C only (no time spent at gaurd).

The comment section of this article… they love the guy: AT THIS LINK

Get to know undrafted free agent center Drake Jackson​

LEXINGTON - Kentucky center Drake Jackson did not have to wait long after going undrafted to find an NFL team.

Jackson has agreed to terms on a free agent contract with the Detroit Lions, UK confirmed in a news release Sunday. Jackson had been projected as a likely late-round pick in the 2021 NFL draft but was not selected in the final rounds Saturday.

Jackson played in 47 games for Kentucky across four seasons, starting the final 44 games of his career.

As a senior, Jackson was named first-team All-Southeastern Conference by Pro Football Focus and second-team All-SEC by the league coaches and Associated Press. Kentucky reported Jackson graded at 85.7% with 40 knockdowns and 188 blocks at the point of attack during the 11-games season.

Jackson was the heart of a Kentucky offensive line that paved the way for a potent rushing attack over the past four years.

During his first two years as a starter, Jackson helped block for current Pittsburgh Steelers running back Benny Snell in back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. As a fourth-year junior in 2019, he was the center for Miami Dolphins wide receiver Lynn Bowden, who was forced to move to quarterback due to multiple injuries at the position and responded by leading the SEC in rushing and was named a first-team All-American as an all-purpose player.

Kentucky ranked third in the SEC in rushing yards per game (196.6) during the 2020 season playing against only conference opponents.

"It was our job in the middle to make all the calls, to see the defense, to understand as an offense what we’re doing, how we’re doing it, why we’re doing it," Jackson said during Kentucky's pro day. "All of those things prepared me for the next level where it gets even more complicated. If you don’t understand the playbook, if you don’t understand what’s going on, you won’t get a chance to play. That’s extremely important."

Jackson signed with Kentucky as a four-star recruit and U.S. Army All-American from nearby Woodford County High School, but he has faced doubts about his size since his high school days.

UK listed Jackson at 6-foot-2, 292 pounds, and Jackson reported measuring at a "hair under 6-foot-2" at pro day.

"Size has always been a concern," Jackson said. "I think I’ve proven to them it shouldn’t be a concern, playing so long in the SEC and playing well, going down to the Senior Bowl and playing well.

"I think you’ve seen guys in the NFL at the center position pave the way for undersized guys because you’re starting to see that with zone schemes. They want athletic guys, they want smart guys. They’re not so much concerned with the size as they are other intangibles."

Jackson's intelligence was long pointed to by Kentucky coaches as being essential in his success.

He finished two degrees during his time at UK -- a bachelor's in agricultural economics and a master's in kinesiology and health promotion -- while earning SEC Academic Honor Roll honors twice.

"He reminds me so much of John Sullivan, who we had in Los Angeles," said new Kentucky offensive coordinator Liam Coen, who spent the last three years on Sean McVay's staff with the Los Angeles Rams. "...Just in terms of the total understanding of the offense that he had, just blew me away. The type of conversations that Sully and Sean would have would just go over a lot of people’s heads. Drake has that level of understanding of the game. I think just being a football player is going to be able to take over."

Sullivan, a sixth-round pick of the Vikings in 2008, spent 10 years in the NFL and started every game for the Rams during their 2018-19 run to the Super Bowl.

“He’s obviously done this at a high level for a number of years," Coen said of Jackson. "I only foresee him continuing to do so. I do believe with the amount of things that are on centers in the NFL, especially maybe going somewhere where they don’t want too much on the quarterback or have a younger quarterback that they don’t want to put some of those things on, I do think Drake would be a great fit in some of those systems."

View: https://youtu.be/Ug88HO2mg44

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Is this to replace Covid list practice squad players? None of these signings will amount to much imo.

I could see if Shelton continues to play well, they let Allen walk due to injury concerns, give Shelton the opportunity next year with Reiter as the backup & Drake Jackson the Center to develop.

oldnotdead

Legend
The reason Reider is a FA is he has very heavy feet. Speed beats him consistently and he's very poor on the second level. I've watched him play and was not impressed. He's very limited and because of it he's inconsistent as a starter. In a dink and dunk quick passing game he's probably a serviceable player. But in an offense like the Rams run with a lot of slow-developing plays I'd hate to have him starting.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I could see if Shelton continues to play well, they let Allen walk due to injury concerns, give Shelton the opportunity next year with Reiter as the backup & Drake Jackson the Center to develop.
In general I never get excited about any player drafted after round 5 or signed to the practice squad. Most of the time it ends up being completely justified. If someone surprises and becomes a starter then it’s nice to be surprised, rather than disappointed.

The odds are against all of the PS guys.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m not a Seinfeld fan, but this week, we may be cheering for laundry …