Rams sign another QB!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams have signed QB Dylan Thompson, and waived RB De'Mard Llorens. For more details click on the link below!

www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/rams-sign-QB-Dylan-Thompson

600x360-thompson-camp-phototemplate.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
Ah, the new preseason game 4 starter and newly anointed savior of the franchise if needed is finally here. I will await his final roster cut with great anticipation.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Connor Shaw got cut by the Bears. He'd be a good guy to bring in as a camp arm.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The Rams have signed QB Dylan Thompson, and waived RB De'Mard Llorens.

Great News....

I mean with 12 WR's
combined with all the TE's/RB's that need the ball thrown to them...

I was worried Goff and Mannion might get a case of Noodle Arm fatigue syndrome.

null_zpsd7c253aa.jpg

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Great News....

I mean with 12 WR's
combined with all the TE's/RB's that need the ball thrown to them...

I was worried Goff and Mannion might get a case of Noodle Arm fatigue syndrome.

null_zpsd7c253aa.jpg
Is that supposed to be Bulger?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Is that supposed to be Bulger?
No. Bulger would have that "deer caught with its eyes in the headlights" and would be throwing off his back foot.

bnw

Pro Bowler
No. Bulger would have that "deer caught with its eyes in the headlights" and would be throwing off his back foot.

Bulger was a very accurate passer who suffered from a terribly shitty O line.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Bulger was a very accurate passer who suffered from a terribly crappy O line.
I don't disagree. I just don't think he has the Jared Goff toughness that Warner also had.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Meh would have rather gave a rookie QB with some upside a chance. We already tried this once before. He wont beat out Mannion so probably just a camp arm anyway.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't disagree. I just don't think he has the Jared Goff toughness that Warner also had.
It was Warner's ultra competitive fire that i believe ultimately made him great. This is probably my biggest question mark with Goff. Time will tell.

fearsomefour

Legend
I love how another thread turns into Warner Bulger thing....haha
Let me just add this....
Sam Bradford
Brian Quick

bnw

Pro Bowler

Bulger was rag dolled for years and seemed to always play with broken ribs once that O line became crap. Lets hope Goff isn't subjected to the same degree and duration of abuse suffered by Bulger. Thus far Goff hasn't shown he is as gifted as the rookie Bulger nor the battered Bulger.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Warner >Bulger even in 2002

Wrong. Not even close. By most any measure Bulger greatly outperformed Warner in 2002. I wish I could post the 2002 stats line for each of them from profootballreference.com

bnw

Pro Bowler
This is true. Also declining, aging pass-catchers.
Good point about the WR corps. Bulger's release was even faster than Warner's, had better mobility than Warner too yet no QB who is expected to move the offense by passing can be expected to do so with a terrible O line. That said merely being in agreement with a post sporting the Patriots logo gave me a taste of my own vomit.