Rams sign a 6-10 388 pound OT Terrell Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
this whole thread cracks me up.....FB? bwuahhhahhahaa

really guys... come on...a roster spot for a guy to maybe bat down a pass now and then?

wow.

I just aint seeing it.

but who knows? The last behemoth we signed, Ty Nieshke, actually started a game and proved once and for all that he was exactly what we thought, a BIG azz human that couldnt block. But at least he got one in!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stranger said:
LesBaker said:
I wonder why he didn't get drafted.....those aren't terrible numbers from the combine.

I can see lining him up at FB as a blocker or even giving him the ball at the goal line. I can also see him at FB staying in to block. And I'm being serious here.

With the way the NFL is going to passpasspass it won't be long before teams station a big OL type guy in the backfield on loads of plays as a last resort or last line of defense to protect the QB. I'd do it because you can have 5 on the line, line up 3 WRs and have a RB and this dude in the backfield. You can come up with some exotic shit from there that would get nice gains rushing and loads of time for the QB and receivers.

I'm not crazy.....I'd do it.
Ha Ha Ha.... Line this guy up at FB and put (and handoff to) Tavon at Tailback in the Redzone. Good luck to the D who probably won't even be able to see/find Tavon until it's too late :)

We are alone with our devious brilliance. Ah well.

And I actually would line him up in the backfield as a lead blocker or keep him in to flatten a pass rusher. Plus on the goal line he can blast in to the end zone like William THe Refridgerator Perry used to.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Stranger said:
He also performed 22 lifts on the bench press.

This is not impressive he should've been in the 38-44 range with ease. At this point I don't think he's strong enough, but maybe a year on the PS with some strength & conditioning and who knows? But 22 reps for a man that size? It's quite embarrassing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
den-the-coach said:
Stranger said:

This is not impressive he should've been in the 38-44 range with ease. At this point I don't think he's strong enough, but maybe a year on the PS with some strength & conditioning and who knows? But 22 reps for a man that size? It's quite embarrassing.
In his defense the length of his arms makes the number go down , but wr's DO usually hit 20 + so he's not strong at all for his size.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
den-the-coach said:
Stranger said:

If he had the normal shorter arms of a 32 to 33 inch type yes it would be but with 38 inches of travel on those two very large upper arms, forearms & hands those extra inches of movement add up seriously. If the bench was to be a true measure of upper chest area power :gr: then the length from the point of start of the bench to the high point would be included with the amount of weight pushed. But for most of us that's just too much math to think about. :boing:

22 x 38 inches with 225 pounds has how much movement vs 22 x 33 inches with 225 pounds? Just saying the all pro Orlando Pace did only 24 reps & Orlando only had 36 inch arms. I have always noticed that the short guys with very short arms can bench the hell out of the longer length guys in the bench.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Dog said:
this whole thread cracks me up.....FB? bwuahhhahhahaa

really guys... come on...a roster spot for a guy to maybe bat down a pass now and then?

wow.

I just aint seeing it.

but who knows? The last behemoth we signed, Ty Nieshke, actually started a game and proved once and for all that he was exactly what we thought, a BIG azz human that couldnt block. But at least he got one in!
Yup, on a 100 man roster you can carry him, but if he can't start at Miss. chances are he won't be worth the spot here

nighttrain

Legend
Dog said:
The guy didnt get drafted because he wasnt the best tackle on his team.

Sure wish the Rams would quit screwin with the latest and greatest circus acts. We already got a ton of non roster players that are ripe for injury settlements when they start hitting.
I think we had 89 players on roster, allowed 90, hence this signing
train

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
BonifayRam said:
den-the-coach said:
Stranger said:

If he had the normal shorter arms of a 32 to 33 inch type yes it would be but with 38 inches of travel on those two very large upper arms, forearms & hands those extra inches of movement add up seriously. If the bench was to be a true measure of upper chest area power :gr: then the length from the point of start of the bench to the high point would be included with the amount of weight pushed. But for most of us that's just too much math to think about. :boing:

22 x 38 inches with 225 pounds has how much movement vs 22 x 33 inches with 225 pounds? Just saying the all pro Orlando Pace did only 24 reps & Orlando only had 36 inch arms. I have always noticed that the short guys with very short arms can bench the hell out of the longer length guys in the bench.
Exactly. In Physics the concept is referred to as 'work', and its the weight multiplied by the distance the weight travels vertically. Divide 'work' by time and it gives you Power, or rate at which 'work' is performed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
BonifayRam said:
den-the-coach said:
Stranger said:

I'll take a stab at it.

22 x 38 = 836
22 x 33 = 726

836 minus 726 is 110. Then we divide 110 by 836 and we get 13.15%, difference between the two. Or that much extra work. I'd say a little more though because anyone who benches knows the last quarter is the harder part especially towards the end of your reps. So lets call it 16%.

So that means he would be able to do 16% more reps if he had 33 inch arms. So he'd hit 25 or 26 reps.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
I'll take a stab at it.

22 x 38 = 836
22 x 33 = 726

836 minus 726 is 110. Then we divide 110 by 836 and we get 13.15%, difference between the two. Or that much extra work. I'd say a little more though because anyone who benches knows the last quarter is the harder part especially towards the end of your reps. So lets call it 16%.

So that means he would be able to do 16% more reps if he had 33 inch arms. So he'd hit 25 or 26 reps.
lAA1Vd2.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:
I'll take a stab at it.

22 x 38 = 836
22 x 33 = 726

lAA1Vd2.jpg

I'm not just another pretty face you know. I wish you'd stop treating me like that too.

:lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
I'm not just another pretty face you know. I wish you'd stop treating me like that too.

Speaking of which ... get your ass over to the new forums and post up.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:

Fully erect frontal nudes are cool right? :hehe:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

Hey, whatever you wanna do in your own time is fine by me.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369357646943.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369357646943.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 163

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rabid Ram said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

God is love
Love is blind
So then Stevie Wonder is god

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpnzG5Q_HE[/youtube]