Rams sign 2013 UDFA LB Pat Schiller

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't say I had ever heard of him - but sure - yay!
Nor have I, but hey, it's a warm body for camp. Maybe he does something nifty. Likely not.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Who does he replace?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-...at-schiller-receive-new-bugatti-jersey-no-50/
Sponsored By:

Posted: 1:00 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013

Did Pat Schiller receive a new Bugatti for jersey No. 50?

2013-08-16T002509Z_18099140.JPG

Evan Habeeb
Atlanta Falcons defensive end Osi Umenyiora (90) looks on during the second quarter against the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports
Previous Posts
By Michael Cunningham

FLOWERY BRANCH -- Falcons defensive end Osi Umenyiora apparently has grown tired of wearing No. 90 and is looking to switch to No. 50. That number currently belongs to linebacker Pat Schiller.

The protocol: Umenyiora is a 10-year veteran, Schiller has just one season, and so Umenyiora will get No. 50 if he wants it and offers proper compensation. Schiller didn’t want to discuss the details of any negotiations, but he confirmed that there might be a deal.

Did Schiller receive a Bugatti?

“It was brought to my attention by him the other day so we’ve just kind of going back and forth joking about it,” Schiller said. “He’s the veteran; I’m the young buck. So kind of whatever he says I’ve kind of got to follow. We will see what happens, but nothing is official yet.”

Here's a fine feature on Umenyiora by Steve Hummer on the myajc.com. (our premium site).

Umenyiora announced his intentions with a post to his Twitter account Friday: “I will be changing my number this week. I want a number in the 50’s. any suggestions people???”

Umenyiora ruled out No. 56 because it belongs to Weatherspoon, a fellow vet. He added that Jessie Tuggle’s No. 58 is “retired,” which isn’t technically true because the franchise doesn’t retire numbers, but Tuggle is in the team’s Ring of Honor.

Umenyiora posted an update Saturday afternoon: “No. 50 was the most popular answer. So No. 50 it is.”

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You say Dunbar in jest but you do have to wonder about the timing and that the guy plays MLB. Isn't Dunbar our back-up MLB? Has anyone heard who they cut to make room for this guy?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
You say Dunbar in jest but you do have to wonder about the timing and that the guy plays MLB. Isn't Dunbar our back-up MLB? Has anyone heard who they cut to make room for this guy?
I thought the same thing, definitely a possibility I will be sorely disappointed if we end up cutting Jo-Lonn over some stupid ass bar fight...

Greg Stone

Rookie
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/magazine/the-hard-life-of-an-nfl-long-shot.html?pagewanted=all

Height: 6-foot-1. Weight: 234. College: Northern Illinois. Under “Pro Day Results” — his audition, essentially, before several N.F.L. scouts at the DeKalb campus of Northern Illinois University earlier in March — were 22 bench presses of 225 pounds, a 35-inch vertical leap and, for a linebacker, a head-turning 4.65 seconds in the 40-yard dash. Under his “Draft Scout Snapshot” was a link to game-highlight footage: a rapid-fire sequence of heat-seeking-missile launches into ball carriers; the all-out, “high-motor” mode of play that garnered No. 53 a team-leading 115 tackles in his senior year, along with second-team All Mid-American Conference and Northern Illinois’s Linebacker of the Year honors. As for Pat’s “Projected Round,” there was, after the word “stock,” a bright red, upward-pointing arrow, followed by the words “shot late.”

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think he's a camp body, although thanks to Greg for posting, those are impressive workout numbers.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I thought the same thing, definitely a possibility I will be sorely disappointed if we end up cutting Jo-Lonn over some stupid ass bar fight...
If Dunbar is indeed cut, I doubt it's for the bar fight alone and more all of his transgressions combined in the showing that he hasn't learned anything from his cutting the season prior.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Dunbar is indeed cut, I doubt it's for the bar fight alone and more all of his transgressions combined in the showing that he hasn't learned anything from his cutting the season prior.

My sentiments exactly.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Kinda sad to see Spencer cut. Loved the prospect of his crazy speed.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Kinda sad to see Spencer cut. Loved the prospect of his crazy speed.

Me too, but I guess with Austin, Ried, Veltung, Watts, Mason, Pettis and (even) Pead, and the abundance of WR's, they figured they were covered for KO and punt returners.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Me too, but I guess with Austin, Ried, Veltung, Watts, Mason, Pettis and (even) Pead, and the abundance of WR's, they figured they were covered for KO and punt returners.
Yup, guess so. I'm really pulling for Reid this preseason - would love to see him lock down KR/coverage duties and maybe the 5th CB (behind JJ/TJ/LJ/Gaines)