Rams show restraint in FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wsaladen

Rookie
I believe the Rams are doing a good job of not overpaying as in previous years for Free Agents. As I wathced ESPN I noticed that some FAs are receiving big contracts that I feel the Rams do not have to repeat. I also think that a lot of FAs are going to 2013 playoff teams and would not have come to the Rams anyway, their lost not ours. WIth more and more FAs out there Fisher/Snead should sign a few without breaking the bank. I was pissed at first, last night wathcing SEA and SF acquire some good players, but some where $$$pricey.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yup, patience is a virtue. Some teams making these high-priced signings believe they are a player or two away from being a playoff team, the Rams are not. I put a whole lot more weight on building through the draft and then coaching them up than expensive pie-in-the-sky signings that may or may not work out. It's good to have responsible adults in charge of these decisions instead of the impulsive types we had during the Spags/Linehan era.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Patience. How long does that take?"
- Ed Grubermann

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yup, patience is a virtue. Some teams making these high-priced signings believe they are a player or two away from being a playoff team, the Rams are not. I put a whole lot more weight on building through the draft and then coaching them up than expensive pie-in-the-sky signings that may or may not work out. It's good to have responsible adults in charge of these decisions instead of the impulsive types we had during the Spags/Linehan era.

This except desperate types is how I'd characterize them, making bad decisions trying to save their jobs