Rams Should Trade Tavon Austin To The Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
But he didn't go to Oregon...

jap

Legend
so true! I'm going to start a campaign to get Hekker under centre ;) Would he be the first Punter/QB in the nfl ever??

No way!!!! Slingin' Sammy Baugh was the first modern NFL QB, popularizing the use of the forward pass. At his retirement, Baugh had set 13 records at three positions: QB, punter, and DB.

As a QB, Baugh is tied with Steve Young for most seasons leading the league in passing (six) and most seasons leading the league with the lowest interception percentage (five). He is fourth overall lifetime in highest single-season completion percentage (70.33%), most seasons leading the league in yards gained (four), and most seasons leading the NFL in completion percentage (seven).

As a punter, Baugh retired with the highest career punting average (45.1), which is still second all-time to Shane Lechler's 46.5, boasts the best (51.4 in 1940) and fourth best (48.7 in 1941) season records, and led the league on punting from 1940 through 1943.

As a defensive back, Baugh was the first NFL player to produce four INT's in a game and is the only player to lead the league in passing, punting, and interceptions in the same season.

I like Johnny too, but Baugh was simply one of the most versatile players ever.

Big Game

Living The Dream
This might seem crazy but I think we should try and trade Tavon Austin to the Eagles for a second round pick. The Eagles have been crazy this off season and they might do it. Austin really doesn't fit in our offense and they just lost Maclin and Austin would be perfect there. Thoughts?

Question why would we trade Tavon Austin and we haven't even seen his full potential yet? I would at least give the new OC a chance to see what he can do with Austin. Think about this. If everything goes right and we resign Britt and Quick is healthy. You have a WR group with Bailey playing from day one along with Austin Britt and Quick.

I'm not saying the Rams will do this but most mock drafts have Amari Cooper or Kevin White falling to us as well.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
No way!!!! Slingin' Sammy Baugh was the first modern NFL QB, popularizing the use of the forward pass. At his retirement, Baugh had set 13 records at three positions: QB, punter, and DB.

As a QB, Baugh is tied with Steve Young for most seasons leading the league in passing (six) and most seasons leading the league with the lowest interception percentage (five). He is fourth overall lifetime in highest single-season completion percentage (70.33%), most seasons leading the league in yards gained (four), and most seasons leading the NFL in completion percentage (seven).

As a punter, Baugh retired with the highest career punting average (45.1), which is still second all-time to Shane Lechler's 46.5, boasts the best (51.4 in 1940) and fourth best (48.7 in 1941) season records, and led the league on punting from 1940 through 1943.

As a defensive back, Baugh was the first NFL player to produce four INT's in a game and is the only player to lead the league in passing, punting, and interceptions in the same season.

I like Johnny too, but Baugh was simply one of the most versatile players ever.

I bow to your knowledge - just googled him and found him - so cool!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
so... we pick him at 8th and now want a 2nd rounder. every coach preaches 3 years for a receiver to develop before we call him a bust, Austin has played only SEVEN games in two seasons with a starting QB AND the OC was a complete joke using him for the last two years. not only that but we also lose our edge on special teams where almost every returnable ball could be 6 points. not to mention we have no idea how well he could play if actually used as a proper receiver, oh wait yes we did see that against Indy remember? ... process all that for a minute