Rams Should Be Loaded With Comp Picks In 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Playmaker

As everyone by now has heard, the Rams received no compensatory picks from the NFL for the 2013 Draft. And this is no surprise being that the Rams signed more free agents in 2012 than they lost (their own free agents signing elsewhere).

But 2014 should be a lot different. So far the Rams have only signed two free agents, Jared Cook and Jake Long.

But they have lost Steven Jackson, Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson, Robert Turner, Bradley Fletcher, and Craig Dahl in free agency.

The way these Comp Picks work are they are handed out by the NFL when a team has more of their own free agents sign elsewhere than that team signs from other teams. So right now the Rams are -4, or they have lost 4 more to other teams than they have signed from other teams.

The round these picks come from are determined by the success of the free agents with their new teams. So as hard as it might be to root for players from other teams, it would behoove Rams fans to root for all their free agents they lose to get higher picks in 2014.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll root for everyone sans Craig Dahl.

Can't do it.

Just can't do it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Dude said:
I'll root for everyone sans Craig Dahl.

Can't do it.

Just can't do it.

Playing time factors in. I'll be rooting for Dahl in that respect. :lol:

IMO, we'll probably get a 5th, 6th and 7th or a 5th and 2 7ths next year.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I love Danny Amendola, but it'll be hard for me to root for him because he's playing for the cheatriots.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
I love Danny Amendola, but it'll be hard for me to root for him because he's playing for the cheatriots.

Same here -- can't root for him in New England.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
HeiseNBerg said:
brokeu91 said:

I really like Danny as a person. Even if he's playing for NE, I wish him nothing but the best.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
HeiseNBerg said:
brokeu91 said:

I'll third that.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
HeiseNBerg said:
brokeu91 said:

I'll third that.
Well, here's the thing ... since I never watch the Patriots in the first place, I don't have to root for him to hope he does well. If he gets Welker stats, that doesn't mean the cheaters win anyway.