Rams select Tyler Higbee TE with #110 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If you've never punched a stranger in the face while shitfaced drunk, you've never spent time in western Kentucky...

Seriously though, this story wouldn't be on our radar had the guy he punched been able to pick himself up and walk away....
Very unfortunate and I hope Higbee has had a "come to Jesus" since this incident.
I know I did some really dumb crap at that age and if I was built like this kid, man... no telling how bad I might have been..

If he isn't a worthless human being and can stay healthy and out of trouble, this could be a really brilliant pick...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Call the cops and give them a little time to arrive. If they don't, lay the guy out. And then when the law gets involved, at least your on record trying to get the cops involved. Self defence is a lock then.

Done this a few times @JackDRams ?;)

TexasRam

Legend
3rd down conversions suddenly look possible.

Fish looks to be pulling off what I thought he couldn't. Finding true Receiving threats to help our young QB out.

I love the emphasis on good hands.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When you're young, and you're with your lady, you don't stop to think about repercussions if someone insults her, or messes with her, or even flirts with her in your presence. I had a dude (already drunk) walk into a bar while I was with a friend (not even a GF or date) and smacked her right on the ass while she was sitting on a stool. I had no emotional attachment to this chick at all, and I lost my everloving mind & ended up on the floor trying to choke a fool out. I don't blame Higbee one bit if this story is true. You don't fuck with another man's woman unless you *want* to get knocked out.

rdw

Pro Bowler

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I probably won't root for him individually from the get go but will be happy if the rams do well with him. Character is very important to me.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I probably won't root for him individually from the get go but will be happy if the rams do well with him. Character is very important to me.

I could understand if dude had a history of questionable behavior, but honestly I think this was a simple case of mateguarding. Definitely could've handled the situation better, but had the guy not fell and cracked his head open, Higbee's actions wouldn't be under scrutiny.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Character is very important to me.
WQWC9Cl.jpg

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
Previous offenses, a traffic ticket. He walked away before to avoid an incident and the guy kept after him and his girlfriend. I would feel threatened too if a strange guy speaking a foreign language was following me and my girlfriend around trying to start trouble. I have no problem with his response. One punch, threat eliminated, did not pile on punishment. Of course I'm not PC either.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I like what Vermeil said about Ryan Tucker after being asked if he had an issue with Tuckers roll in bar fight. (Back in the 1997 draft)
Vermeils response was, " He won the fight".

Ryan Tucker and his friends beat a kid so badly the hospital asked about harvesting his organs, and he was read his last rites. They left him in a pool of his own blood and with a fractured skull. To this day that guy suffers from memory loss, paralysis and permanent brain damage.

That was Vermeil at his worst.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ryan Tucker and his friends beat a kid so badly the hospital asked about harvesting his organs, and he was read his last rites. They left him in a pool of his own blood. To this day that guy suffers from memory loss, paralysis and permanent brain damage.

That was Vermeil at his worst.
I don't remember any of that.
But I believe what your saying.

rfa77

UDFA
Seriously?

"Higbee told the officer "that Alsaleh never tried to fight him or come after him as if he was going to harm him. Higbee just said that Alsaleh got into his and (his girlfriend's) personal space so he hit Alsaleh," according to the report."

So a man gets close to you and you knock him out? The law refers to that as assault and battery. The punishment for that is usually harsh unless its a first-time offense. The best that Higbee can hope for is probation, a fine, and probably a civil suit that will cost him millions. If the man dies, doesn't wake up, or wakes up brain damaged then Higbee is screwed and the Rams have wasted a pick.
Yeah - seriously...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Been in plenty of bar fights or scrums over dumb $h!t, so whatever. I could care less that he laid out some dude who was dumb enough to mess with him. I mean there are just some dudes you want to steer clear of, like the kind that are six and a half feet tall and stacked.

What bothers me is that he was dumb enough to get hammered and push his luck with everything riding on the draft. But if it all works out I'm gonna be thankful that happened because otherwise this dude goes round 2 to early round 3.

Really hope he sticks man. We NEED this guy opening up the middle of the field in our offense.